Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Any naked 2011-14 VLX's? pics?

Fman

Any peeps out there have a stripped down, naked VLX they are willing to post a picture of? I am considering taking the "Wake Setter" graphics off this season and leaving the WS logo in the middle. I would like to see what it looks like on some different boats.

I' May be bias, But I think the 2010 -12 decal looks the best, But like anything once it has been around for awhile the new will grow on me, I think the new decal is mellow and does not look as Bad or with as much attitude as the older decal,

• Like 3

Vince I was just checking out your boat pics, I forgot how nice your boat looks.... it really is a beautiful VLX. You have done a great job with your boat...

Thank you! I was contemplating on selling it to get a new 23 But to be honest, I have it the way I want it and it really does everything I want it to do, Hard to start all over!!

I have seen Vince's boat out on the river. If you think it's sharp in pics, you should see it on the water... it literally turned my head. And the tower setup can be heard around the bend!

Trav, on your boat I would remove only the dark background of the Wakesetter logo, leaving the outline. I love that look on white and silver boats. On your boat it would look so good with your white/black theme (removing the gray, marble looking background).

Take a look at this one. Ignore the fact that it's an otherwise boring boat and try to imagine the Wakesetter outline on your slick ride. It's a really nice, understated look, imho.

aYT31YK_zpsqrkyb050.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Edited by IXFE
  • Like 1

That is a cool idea, I wonder how difficult it would be to remove just the inner dark background without messing up the outer raised section of the decal? Anyone done this? The only way I can think of doing this would be carefully cut the inner decal with a razor blade without touching the gel coat???

Thank you! I was contemplating on selling it to get a new 23 But to be honest, I have it the way I want it and it really does everything I want it to do, Hard to start all over!!

Haha, yes it's tough to not want to get the latest and greatest... I am with you, more than likely I will also be in my VLX for a few years, it's paid off, does everything we need it to and I have two kids in college right now... I am also looking forward to seeing what the new VLX is going to offer...

• Like 1
That is a cool idea, I wonder how difficult it would be to remove just the inner dark background without messing up the outer raised section of the decal? Anyone done this? The only way I can think of doing this would be carefully cut the inner decal with a razor blade without touching the gel coat???

I wouldn't take a razor blade to your boat.

Unfortunately, I think the only way to do this would be to buy new decals. They are two separate pieces (the raised outline and the flat background). So you just apply the raised outline only.

I was tempted to do this on my vlx last year (silver background), but got talked out of it by my dealer. I wish I'd done it anyway.

Edited by IXFE
ahopkins22LSV

I have seen Vince's boat out on the river. If you think it's sharp in pics, you should see it on the water... it literally turned my head. And the tower setup can be heard around the bend!

Trav, on your boat I would remove only the dark background of the Wakesetter logo, leaving the outline. I love that look on white and silver boats. On your boat it would look so good with your white/black theme (removing the gray, marble looking background).

Take a look at this one. Ignore the fact that it's an otherwise boring boat and try to imagine the Wakesetter outline on your slick ride. It's a really nice, understated look, imho.

aYT31YK_zpsqrkyb050.jpeg

I think this would look very good too! Not sure on the WS decals, but I asked my dealer the other day and they said $100 for a response decal if I ever needed one. Seems quite reasonable to me actually.

I like the wakesetter graphics as is.

Me too, I also like that outlined look.. Definitely different. I am trying to like the new wakesetter decal but for some reason it's not growing on me. The 10-13 decal looks a lot more edgy to me, the new decal is so much different.

I like the wakesetter graphics as is.

Me too, I also like that outlined look.. Definitely different. I am trying to like the new wakesetter decal but for some reason it's not growing on me. The 10-13 decal looks a lot more edgy to me, the new decal is so much different.

IXFE, are you going naked on the new LSV? I think that would look pretty sweet with just the Malibu near the transom.

Hadn't planned on it. But the new logo never bothered me. I'm not really a fan of the completely naked look (on boats anyway).

Take a look at this one. Ignore the fact that it's an otherwise boring boat

I don't think it's boring at all.

I find the 4-5+ color boats with highlights and splashes of accent colors here and there feminine. Reminds me of a woman trying to match her purse and heels with her outfit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think it's boring at all.

I find the 4-5+ color boats with highlights and splashes of accent colors here and there feminine. Reminds me of a woman trying to match her purse and heels with her outfit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's not all bad (even though that particular boat was very hard for my dealer to move, which is why they eventually changed the logo). I guess it looks boring to me because I've done the all white thing before and we all grew tired of it. Since then I've started to think of our boat like some guys might think of their muscle car or hot rod. By that I mean you might take some risks and do some fun things you wouldn't do to your daily driver.

I don't know about 4 or 5 colors. I don't see those much. But 2-3 works for me.

I've got the rest of my life to drive a one-color vehicle. I want my toys to "pop" a little.

(None of these are mine, unfortunately)

67chvlSS2_zpsdummbbru.jpeg

cobra-lynch-fl-BIG_zpsxgp0xids.jpeg

20131122_093002_zps4b2mlr3m.jpg

Car show...I'm in, If your going off topic might as well make it cool to look at, My 67 RS SS ( Sold it BTW for the Wake setter with Cool Graphics ) Way to stay on topic... camaro5-1.jpgcamaro6-1.jpg

Edited by Wakesetter67
  • Like 2