Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Kicker KM6000 6.5 Speakers

tbonemalibu

I am wanting to get opinions on these. I have been running 4 6x9 tower speakers but wanting to change. The 6x9 are just to big on the tower. Has anyone used these or have a good or bad opinion on them..thanks

How expensive are they? I have the KM 6500.2 and i love them but i didn't have to purchase cans so they only cost me about $300. Worth it for that price but not if you have to spend a few hundred more on speaker cans.

I have ran the kicker ktm65s and they sounded great, but that's quite a bit different. Had km6200s as in boats with them and the system sounded really good for the money I had in it

Are you sure its the KM6000 and not the KM6200? The KM6000 makes for a great price-point in-boat, but would be way down my list as a tower coaxial. This is manly due to its .5" tweeter.

I have the 6500.2 HLCD pairs and like them. They won't get as loud as a pair of Big Boy HLCD horns, but they do the job if you're on a budget, especially for surfing and chilling. Wakeboarding...not so much in my experience.

Well can not find the 6000's anymore but they do have the 6500.2. I don't want to spend a lot of money but I want them to sound good. I have not redone my stereo in about 6 years so it is well over do. Any other recommendations that you all would put on the tower instead of these?

Well can not find the 6000's anymore but they do have the 6500.2. I don't want to spend a lot of money but I want them to sound good. I have not redone my stereo in about 6 years so it is well over do. Any other recommendations that you all would put on the tower instead of these?

What is it that your are looking to accomplish with a tower setup, this really helps in making a suggestion.

The KM6000 is really an in-boat coaxial and the KM6500.2 is a horn loaded compression driver component tower setup for reaching wake range.

The KM6000, now discontinued and replaced by the KM604, has a small .5" tweeter. Not the best for the open environment like up on a tower, unless you had 2 pair and you were looking for just a party-cove setup. Even then, I would go with the larger .75" dome tweeter.

The KM6500.2 has a pair of 6.5 mid-bass woofers and a pair of HLCDs with a 1.7" compression chamber. Thats larger then most 6.5" pro-axial HLCDs and even some 8" HLCDs, so they can reach a wake-boarder when powered properly.

The KMT67, current model to whats linked above, is a pair of dedicated 6.75" mid-bass woofers flanking a .75" horn loaded titanium dome tweeter. The near-field mid-bass is impressive. With the right power, they will project to wake range better than comparable coaxials, but not quite like a true HLCD.

• 2 weeks later...

The .75" dome tweeter on the KM6200 will do much better then .5" tweeter on the KM6000, but I would consider 2 pair and drive them with a solid 100W rms or better.

That is my set up.

Thanks