Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat rules

isellacuras

I drink a lot. It's likely that I will black out a few times in any given year at some of the ridiculous parties we go to. That said, alcohol does not mix well with boating, snowmobiling, quads or cars, if you are operating any of them. Period. Bad stuff will happen, just a matter of when. If you are a passenger, no biggie as long as you are not a mess or a loudmouth. But there is no room for impaired judgement when it comes to that stuff, things happen waaayyy to fast and as the operator it is your responsibility.

So at most there will be 4 beers in my boat for my wife and I lasting the whole day. When we put it away for the day, it's a different story.

MalibuNation

Only one of my crews drink and it's after we're all done and relaxing and only have one drink each. Helps that he runs the plant @ Bells's Beer.

My long hair days from the 70s is no more ... the hair and the drinking are mostly gone.

Jim and Mark.pdf

Only one of my crews drink and it's after we're all done and relaxing and only have one drink each. Helps that he runs the plant @ Bells's Beer.

My long hair days from the 70s is no more ... the hair and the drinking are mostly gone.

Great pic! Now look at it and sing this:

Just'a good ol' boys

Never meanin' no harm.

Beats all you never saw

Been in trouble with the law

Since the day they was born

• Like 2

I have different expectations of different people.

If you're part of my family and you climb in with your dirty shoes, grabbing the bimini strap for leverage, you're going to get yelled at. If you've never been before and you do it, my kids are probably going to warn you not to do that because it's been ingrained into their brains, but I'm just going to quietly cringe the first couple times.

If you continue to do dumb stuff, you're just probably not getting invited back too often. If you can't pickup on the common-sense things we all do to ensure the day is fun and property is respected, then I'd probably rather not have you out with us.

What I find is most people notice the cringing (no matter how hard I try to hide it) and can pretty quickly learn how we do things (for example, that we're all taking off our shoes and tossing them in the bin at the back of the boat before we climb in). They watch and see what my kids do when we pull up to a dock or are getting ready to ski/board. And they start to imitate, or at least they ask about it. Before long, most everyone is having a great time and every trip out thereafter it just get's better and better.

• Like 2

No shoes

No spray sunscreen

No glass

No horseplay

No standing on the seats

No kids without life vests

No beaching

Kids can't move when under way

No chee toes or orange chips

No sunflower seeds or in shell peanuts

No colored drinks. Kool aid, red wine etc.

No sitting on top of drivers seat backrest

No fishing from inside boat swim step only

No power turns (unless for safety)

Always try to circle downed rider on your right

Always approach a downed rider at idle

Never approach dock faster than willing to hit it

Never let the boat touch the dock when loading

Always check for plugs

Always check oil level

Always veer right to oncoming traffic

Always make sure other boats know which way you're going

Always be aware of your surroundings

Always acknowledge others downed riders

Always lend a hand to others in need

Always be courteous

Always be careful

Always use common sense

Always wipe down inside and out after loading on trailer

Always keep $20+ in glove box

DONT SWAMP THE BOAT!! (inside joke)

Always follow boating laws

Things I try to do regularly but often make exceptions:

walk it on the trailer

empty boat gear before storage (I keep boat at storage facility year round)

cover when outside

pull plug after every use

*I reserve the right to add, change and ignore any of the rules above.

I'm sure there's more. It's really the top 10 and the 3 C's that are absolute musts. Luckily I have a very competent crew and don't really need to enforce much. I state some of the more important ones to the newbies before boarding but most of it is on me to keep things from happening as the day goes on. I feel that I am responsible for everyone on the boat. If anyone thinks I'm out of line on any of these, feel free to speak up. Id like to hear any that others have that I might have missed.

I never expect anyone to pay but I do expect them to help out with clean up.

I got lost in this....I mean my boat needs rules right now

I have different expectations of different people.

If you're part of my family and you climb in with your dirty shoes, grabbing the bimini strap for leverage, you're going to get yelled at. If you've never been before and you do it, my kids are probably going to warn you not to do that because it's been ingrained into their brains, but I'm just going to quietly cringe the first couple times.

If you continue to do dumb stuff, you're just probably not getting invited back too often. If you can't pickup on the common-sense things we all do to ensure the day is fun and property is respected, then I'd probably rather not have you out with us.

What I find is most people notice the cringing (no matter how hard I try to hide it) and can pretty quickly learn how we do things (for example, that we're all taking off our shoes and tossing them in the bin at the back of the boat before we climb in). They watch and see what my kids do when we pull up to a dock or are getting ready to ski/board. And they start to imitate, or at least they ask about it. Before long, most everyone is having a great time and every trip out thereafter it just get's better and better.

That sums up what we do to, great explanation.

A few over to the top ones here haha.

Mine are pretty easy:

If you can't dock, let someone who can.

Kids have to remain seated while underway.

Clean your feet before getting in.

I just enjoy being out there, I also enjoy cleaning the boat by myself and wiping it down. I'd rather do it because I know I'll do it right. I tried to go with the whole no red wine thing but that didn't exactly go down well with the CEO.

• Like 3

A few over to the top ones here haha.

Mine are pretty easy:

If you can't dock, let someone who can.

Kids have to remain seated while underway.

Clean your feet before getting in.

I just enjoy being out there, I also enjoy cleaning the boat by myself and wiping it down. I'd rather do it because I know I'll do it right. I tried to go with the whole no red wine thing but that didn't exactly go down well with the CEO.

Completely agree with cleaning the boat yourself. I actually kind of enjoy doing it.

Oh, and my favorite guests are the ones who DO know most of the common boat snafus. Especially the guys who are loud and fun and who can get away with making a big ol' stink about someone who's "breaking the rules" while everyone laughs about it. LOVE when those guys are in my boat. Ha!

Edited by oneramirez

If I'm with family, my wife handles the inside and I do the outside. If I'm with guests, I do the inside, they do the outside, and then I go behind them with the speed gloss when I'm done with the inside.

• Like 1