Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Star One DX DL6

CumminsBu

I am looking at doing the same exact tower. I think that tower looks great on Responses. How do the rear legs line up with the pylon? I use a boom frequently and need to make sure the rear legs are in front of the pylon as we put the boom on when we are already on the water. Do you have some more pics that would show how they pylon and rear legs are in relation to each other?

The way the Star One is setup, you have quite a bit of leeway as to where you want to install the tower's feet. You can fudge them forward or back quite a bit without effecting the alignment of the two sections up top. I think the bigger issue is that you can only go forward as far as the back of the windshield.

Heres a good example of an install with the rear hoop mounted a good foot back from the windshield. I think the others in this thread are several inches forward of this. Changes the look & could very much effect the rope when using the pylon.

00Z0Z_3GWbqEqa3G3_600x450.jpg

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Peter, I remember you talking about the DL6 tower, but for some reason I was thinking somebody reported it was no longer available???

If I ever bought a tower (very big if) I'd have to buy a "low profile" one like that. Yes, I'd have to duck, but at 6'5" I don't even know if I would fit under the other options anyway. What is the height from the floor of the standard T1 T2 T3 towers anyway?

I have a little over three inches between the rear wind screen and rear tower leg. I planned for a barefoot boom too. The dimension I went with are front legs 60" apart, rear legs 76" apart and 72" front to rear leg with the DL6 option. This setup should not be effected by short line skiers. The rear legs sit about 6" to 8" past the center pylon.

DL6 = Down Low 6".

The DL6 is 6" less than a standard Titan/Star One. It's the difference between walking under (in a v-drive) or impacting forehead. :) On a direct drive where gunnels are shorter everything gets down low.

Peter :)