Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Remote wire from RFX2000

ahopkins22LSV

ahopkins22LSV

Crew I am lost. I'm in the middle of installing my amp in the TXi. The wire that I thought was the remote wire to go to the amp is labeled trigger. Is that the one? There are also two and the colors are both brown. I'm currently getting no power to the amp and my power/ground connections are good. Please help!

TIA

The power antenna wire will work, providing it doesnt go dead when in the any other mode other than tuner. Test with a volt meter to see. If ti stays hot in all modes, you're good.

ahopkins22LSV

One battery not two. And that's what my multi meter is reading.

I think I just gave myself bad news though. I had an older amp in the garage still and I hooked that up. Powers up just fine. Soooo my guess is it's the amp

If you only have one amp and one battery, your meter is on the correct setting and your reading 24 volts at the amplifier + and Negative terminals............ Ya something's wrong in the amp. It's the only way you can possibly have double you battery voltage reading. Never seen or heard of that before.

• Like 1

Double check your meter settings and pull the ground cable from the amp and re measure the voltage there and at the amp. No way on gods green earth to get 24V out of a 12V battery! Thats a head scratchier.

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV

Well I'm no electrician because I'm sure I'm just on the wrong setting for this meter but all I know is with my old amp and sub hooked up it works just fine so it must be the new amp.

Choose DC volts, usually a symbol like this" V----"

Not "V ~~~" that's the symbol for A/C current.

Make sure your test leads are in the right holes also.