Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Redesign vinyl when getting new skins

We're thinking of getting new skins throughout our entire boat. I seem to recall a few pics on this site of people that used different patterns and/or colors than what was factory to update the look of their boat. Anyone have examples of this?

I'm thinking if I drop the coin to replace the skins and could update the look even more with a design change, I should explore that option.

martinarcher

I know Chee will do any color options you want and can use your current skins as patterns or use your HID depending on if he has patterns for an 00'. He did my Sunsetter totally custom compared to factory.

I took most of the seams out of the lower half of my seats on my old boat also anywhere we had heavy foot traffic. I have never had a problem other then the seams on the bottoms or sun deck. I had a guy that does interiors for hot rods. They came out very nice.

• Like 2

Similar to martin, i asked chee to change up my colors. However I used the original designs.

When I sent one of my skins to chee (didn't have side board template) I made color copies of each of the seats showing what exact colors I wanted where. It took a while to put together, but it was worth it.

Some before/afters here

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/35699-seats-are-done-pics-of-course/

Chee did a custom pattern on a seat I bought from him. He talked to me about my suggestion and gave me some insight on why it would not be the best option, I let him come up with a pattern and could not be happier. It was a surprise when I opened the box.

Thanks for all the replies and the good ideas.

MA - got any pics of your vinyl?

I'll be working with a local shop (I'm not debating Chee's quality, but got some local folks I want to give my business to).

• 2 weeks later...

I've got two seats needing some attention this season and chee is not answering his phone. No ability to leave VM either. We used him several years back and wonder if he has changed contact info. Would someone please message me and provide numbers or email or whatever for Chee? Much appreciated. The season is on in TX. :)