Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Premium Ballast Hose...

Afun

great stuff, but hard to work with. make sure you have boiling hot water when applying your fittings. If not, the situation could get shirtless.

:plus1:

awesome stuff. Normally called "tiger-flex" or "spiral-flex agi". Used it on the last 5 bag automated system I built. Actually every ballast system I've built.

Couple tips:

go buy a PVC cutter from lowes or home depot, much easier way of cutting it to length

apply a small amount of dish soap to the inside edge. Get out the heat gun and dont be shy use the high setting, keep the gun moving dont stay in one spot. heat all the way around. about 15-20 seconds worth of heat (1" hose). apply your fitting. I was able to get 1" hose on 1 1/8" fittings before all the 1" stuff started to be more popular.

cool thing about it is you can see the water flow, kind of nice if you think your having filling/priming issues.

awesome stuff. Normally called "tiger-flex" or "spiral-flex agi". Used it on the last 5 bag automated system I built. Actually every ballast system I've built.

Couple tips:

go buy a PVC cutter from lowes or home depot, much easier way of cutting it to length

apply a small amount of dish soap to the inside edge. Get out the heat gun and dont be shy use the high setting, keep the gun moving dont stay in one spot. heat all the way around. about 15-20 seconds worth of heat (1" hose). apply your fitting. I was able to get 1" hose on 1 1/8" fittings before all the 1" stuff started to be more popular.

cool thing about it is you can see the water flow, kind of nice if you think your having filling/priming issues.

Not my best work but it should help give you an idea of hose to get those fittings in there.

I'm just really glad to see that even the "pros" use a ghetto $8 harbor freight heat gun (like mine).

The funny thing is that I bought 4 or 5 of them in 2010 and we are still on our first two. Who would have thought that they would actually last?