Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Response LX 98 Stereo Dash Kit

FLShawn

The under arm rest stereo dash kit (black plastic adapter for head unit under arm rest) in my Response has cracked and I would like to replace it or relocate the stereo. Anyone know where I could find a replacement of have a different location they have used for the head unit?

Isn't the hole a standard single DIN hole, no dash kit needed? You may be looking at the trim bezel that comes with the HU. If not, you may find what you're looking for here. http://www.metraonline.com/ or https://www.scosche.com/

What source do you listen to? If it's iPhone or similar, most of us have abandoned the HU and use WS-420SQ or Exile ZLD or similar EQ's with some sort of BT dongle added. Supposedly Exile's new ZLD will have BT onboard.

Hey Rob,

You got it, just the bezel that hold the HU was the item I was searching for...

I like the options provided actually...BT is the critical piece to the puzzle and about the only thing I use the HU for...

I do have hands free on the Alpine Unit but rarely use it anyway.

With Pandora on my phone, XM is gone and CD's sounds more like a disease than media format these days. LOL

Will give them a better look...

I didn't see where either device were water resistant?

Do you own either one?

Have you gotten them wet on rainy days?

Thanks again!!

I have a ZLD and the Milenia BT dongle. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_822BTREC/Milennia-MIL-BTREC.html I have them under the dash on the right, by the throttle. Makes it easy to come off the throttle and turn down the volume with one hand while steering with the other.

They've gotten moist but never douched. I'm never more than 10 minutes from my dock/boat cover and I watch radar pretty closely when it looks interesting out. I also have the bimini on the Titan III tower so it's somewhat protected.

The other benefit to using an EQ instead of a HU is the theoretically better pre-amp section.

That looks awesome man...very clean setup...that's a low cost option for sure and I could use deck I have...on my easy list for the summer.

Thanks guys!!