Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

OJ Equivalent to ACME 2315?

Afun

OJ is next to Malibu and they use Acme? That just seems strange. I had an OJ on my 2011, there version of the 1235 and it was great. That being said, I have had good results with Acme as well. Is there really a difference in quality between the two? Does OJ offer a 15" prop?

One degree of pitch i was was told. 2315 more arresive.

Nope. Cup. 2315 is a .105 cup, 2313 is a .150.

I personally won't buy any OJ products. After my very poor experience with their piece of crap prop puller and eventually having to get the retailer involved in order to get a refund, I'm not inclined to buy an OJ prop. The Acme prop puller could do what two OJ pullers couldn't...remove a prop.

A couple years ago, you heard about OJ almost as much as Acme. Now you don't hear about people using their props nearly as much. If it was a 60/40 split a couple years ago, it is more like a 90/10 now.

OJ is next to Malibu and they use Acme? That just seems strange. I had an OJ on my 2011, there version of the 1235 and it was great. That being said, I have had good results with Acme as well. Is there really a difference in quality between the two? Does OJ offer a 15" prop?

Interesting that Malibu does not use OJ. Fman do you know what RPM's you are running at surf speed 11.0mph?

Nope. Cup. 2315 is a .105 cup, 2313 is a .150.I personally won't buy any OJ products. After my very poor experience with their piece of crap prop puller and eventually having to get the retailer involved in order to get a refund, I'm not inclined to buy an OJ prop. The Acme prop puller could do what two OJ pullers couldn't...remove a prop.A couple years ago, you heard about OJ almost as much as Acme. Now you don't hear about people using their props nearly as much. If it was a 60/40 split a couple years ago, it is more like a 90/10 now.

So to be equivalent it should match the same exact specs?

So to be equivalent it should match the same exact specs?

You probably won't find any matching exactly, as OJ seems to use a bit different cupping. They don't sell a 15" props and only one 14.75" prop that will fit a Malibu, the 514. Acme doesn't do an 14.75" props, so the closest match would probably be the 1615. OJ's selection isn't as big as Acme's.

I think that is a wise decision A-Fun. Plus I think that if you end up buying a prop you dont like that it not popular among the masses / you may have a hard time getting out of this summer. I have a feeling that once a group buy get's going / there will be a lot of 14.5" props on the market making prices lower than normal and certainly negotiable!

The OJ props have a better reputation for being able to take a hit without getting dinged up. If you look at an OJ next to an ACME the OJ props seems to be a bit thicker in certain areas. There has been little to no head to head comparisons between the 14.75 OJ's and 15 inch ACME props. Looks like the closest thing that OJ has to the 2315 is the Edge 14.75 x 13.

I bet if you talked to Eric, he would let you try it out so you could see for yourself. Probably worth talking to both ACME and Eric at OJ to see what they have to say. He might even be willing to customize it for you. Sometimes there is value in having the manufacture in your back yard. Especially when the owner is willing to work with you.

Edited by Tims

Funny, nettle props says the exact opposite, he did not recommend OJ because he said they are not the same quality as Acme. I guess it's a Toyota vs. Honda debate, I have had both and they did fine. I would think if you hit something regardless of brand at a minimum it's going to throw off your prop balance.

Funny, nettle props says the exact opposite, he did not recommend OJ because he said they are not the same quality as Acme. I guess it's a Toyota vs. Honda debate, I have had both and they did fine. I would think if you hit something regardless of brand at a minimum it's going to throw off your prop balance.

One thing I learned last summer in the mad rush for a 15" prop is that dealers will praise the prop and brand they have in stock and vice versa.