Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

MXZ Surfing? Can it be DIALED? What does it take?

dDubya

First the boat length was never stated just an MXZ secondly, it is relevant imho as to what the boat "can" produce even with SG equipped. What wasn't stated was the size of MXZ specifically being referenced. I assumed with owning an LSV previously the OP was going larger, should have clarified that fact.

Hmmm.... pretty sure the 22 MXZ was the only model produced in 2012 (the year the OP is looking at).

As for your assumption that a SG wave is in any way representative of a listed wave... we will just agree to disagree. :surfing:

• Like 2

I know this isn't what OP is asking for, but would someone provide best ballast configuration for a Surfgate MXZ 22? Thanks for the help!

• 4 weeks later...

It really suprises me that there isn't more posted on a dialed Surfgate MXZ (22) weighting recipe for surfing....and also that there aren't more pics. Maybe it's just that I can't find them?

I demoed a 13 22 MXZ the same day I demoed a VLX, and couldn't get a decent surf wave after a few hours of trying several configs. If I could see one with my own two eyes, I'm certain I would opt for a new MXZ this time next year.

Anybody out there willing to share their Surfgate 22 MXZ ballast config?

Anybody in south or central MS, AL, or LA running a Surfgate MXZ that has the surf wave dialed?

I'm not sure what the magic recipe is but a good place to start would be 750s in the rear lockers, full stock ballast and PNP and some bow weight.

Probably at least 500-600 in the bow plus wedge one to two clicks up

Then the rest depends on crew, gear, etc

Come on now, this isn't rocket surgery :)

Did you mean science or did our conversation leave you with surgery on your brain? Lol

I actually stole that line from my best friend Joe. You have never heard of rocket surgery Ruff? How about brain science?

I actually stole that line from my best friend Joe. You have never heard of rocket surgery Ruff? How about brain science?

Nope hadn't heard that before.