Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best RPM range for Surf

ozsurf

Hey guys

Is there a correct rev that we should be aiming for with 2500 extra ballast on top of factory at 11 mph with a 350 monsoon ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Shawn

Great read

Just to make sure I understood it if my boat won't rev to 4800-5200 revs fully loaded I need to drop a prop size?

Cheers

I look forward to that test

P.S. The help on this forum is first class and greatly appreciated from this side.

Cheers

"WOT NOW"

Hey guys

Got a chance to do the wot test yesterday , fully loaded her up and she puts out a sensational wave

4837103B-7B8D-4724-9428-E023D78EDF2F_zps

But the WOT was only 3200

Where do I go from here?

"WOT NOW"

Hey guys

Got a chance to do the wot test yesterday , fully loaded her up and she puts out a sensational wave

But the WOT was only 3200

Where do I go from here?

WOT at 3200 while surfing indicates you have too much pitch for that load. You dont have enough hp/tq to swing that high of a pitched prop up to 5000rpms.

What prop do you have now?? Thats a lot of weight to creat that big of a wave.

Dropping pitch will yield you signif improvements carrying that heavy weight.

Hey nyryan

I am going to check,

When ordered the boat I ordered a prop upgrade wich was a 14.5 x 14.25 ''Tractor Prop''

A sandered Malibu prop upgrade

My alltatude is 3200 ft

Cheers

Ox- buddy, thats a lot of pitch. and you are carrying a lot of weight. I bet it takes you a while to get to 11mph with that weight. Plus you are fighting altitude.

Suggest you take a strong look at the 15"x 12s"...the Acme 2315 or the 2313. I'd suggest primarily the 2315. will be the equiv of a 75hp increase, much faster and easier acceleration when ballasted, if you can live with 37-39mph as your top speed. will allow you to carry 500-1000lbs more weight etc etc.

Hey nyryan

Funnily it takes no time at all to get to 11mph just would not got much past it throttle was 3/4 and revs were 3000

Cheers

Hey Ben

Thanks ! Great to here from another local.

Still trying to get it right but that was,

Full mls

2 x 750s piggy backed in lockers

bow sac 1000 1/2 to 3/4 full

wedge 2 x clicks up

17 kmh

1 and 1/2 crew

Cheers