Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Timer to fill ballast bag?

mgb1974

So I am getting ready to upgrade my stock 250 tanks to 750lb sacs. I am thinking ill only want to run 500lbs of the bags when I have a bunch of people in the boat. 537 prop currently. My dad skis behind the boat so I don't want to go to a 1235 prop.

So what I was thinking is to put a timer on the factory switch with 3 selections. 1/3,2/3 and full. I could calculate based on flow rate of my pumps. Doesn't have to be perfect.

Anybody thought about doing this???

Have you considered just venting the bags, when they are full it will dump out the side of the boat. I'm not a fan of timer systems, just another item to malfunction. Are the timers actually able to be programmed to different shut off points? I always thought it was one set time, not multiple set points. However, I could be wrong.

And I have towed a few people with the 1235 at 33-34mph with no issues. I even towed one last year with the 2315, not a problem.