Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2 10" Subs Wetsounds Amp

rlanderos11

Installing 2 10" Subs under Dash into a 2005 Sunsetter LXi, Running 2 Rev 8 on tower and 6 6.5" inside boat , What is everyone suggestions for subs. I will be running wetwounds amp to subs.

Will 10" W63"s be good subs to run? what does everyone suggest for subs in boats? Will Syn 4 run this subs ? What 10" subs is good to use with wetsound amps?

Still a little confused on what you're looking for... The W6V3 Sub's are a great sub in my opinion. WetSounds has two models of Sub's which one are you comparing too?

There is no subwoofer that I would recommend over the JL Audio 10W6V3. Crazy small enclosure. Exceptional SQ. Great excursion under control. Deep resonance. Wide and linear response. Great impulse response. But I would recommend that you power them at their full thermal rating in an open towboat.

You can get the full power out of a Wetsounds Syn2 with two of these DVC 4-ohm drivers, but not a Syn4. With the Syn2, double 10W3s would be a better choice of woofer. With twin 10W6s, I would recommend a Wetsounds SD2.

Damn it, wish I saw David's post before I pulled the trigger on the box build for my exile sub. <br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He's been stroking that 10" thing for years.

JL does make very good stuff that is hard to beat.

On another note, I have heard a few boats with a single 10" and it just aint enough in most boats given all that is going on. Two does pretty decent, but to me it's a toss up between 2 10's and single ported 12" in a properly built enclosure.

Edited by Bobby Bright

While running the two 10"s was the OP's idea, it does have its advantages.

Assuming you are comparing woofers within the exact same series....

Two 10"s will have more than 30% additional surface area over a single 12" and usually occupies about the same enclosure space as a single 12" if both are sealed.

While surface area is the big factor, its not the only factor. As mentioned above, the enclosure size and type plays a major role in output also.

One bass-reflex 10" can easily compete with one sealed 12".

One bass-reflex 12" will hold a small advantage over two sealed 10".

Two bass-reflex 10" gains the advantage.

And with each increment you are making room for a progressively larger enclosure.