Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fosgate Touch Screen - Combating Sensitivity.

Murphy8166

So the "55" remote on my dash is super sensitive and I dont want to shell out 250 bucks to upgrade from the RFX 3000 to the RFX 5000 in order to lock the remote.

Would something like a 3m film over the top make a difference....something like the stuff that you put on rocker steps and the front of a vehicle

What about a layer or two of those clear sceen protectors they sell for iphones and such.

Same material - just want to order a roll of it and be able to cut it to size. I dont think a cell phone application would be large enough

What about a layer or two of those clear sceen protectors they sell for iphones and such.

I have Zagg screen protector on mine, hoping it would help with sensitivity, but it did not help at all, just protects the screen from dust, etc... Not to say that a couple of layers of similar type may help. May be worth a try. Good luck!

How about adding a bezel around the frame of the remotre in clear plastic that is about an inch deep. I end up bumping into it with my leg when I stand up or if someone is standing near it. Adding the in or so may do the trick and if done correctly it would not look too bad. That of a hinged clear cover that one could open to adjust and close.

Thoughts?

Same material - just want to order a roll of it and be able to cut it to size. I dont think a cell phone application would be large enough

Its just the two strips up and down the outsides of the screen. should just be able to cut a phone protector and run em up and down the sides. I think anyone with that head unit shares your pain with the sensativity.