Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Go Pro Suction Cup Mounting on rear transom?

Rmack

Dare,

I wish. Now my sister may be making some money, but I whore myself out for free towels. 10 last season, 8 this season. Don't know what I'll do with 18 towels, but I'll post pics of them all over my boat.

Towels all over the boat, looking forward to those pics......lol....

So your sister sells the GoPro's??? Hummmmmm have her start a Group Buy......lol.....

Ok another post for the count......only 14 more pages to go....

When I'm mounting to the transom, I just use the pole mount. I have used the auction mount however on the deck just above the rub rail and about as far rearward as I can go before the surface geometry gets too rounded. I've done this facing rearward and forward. Cool angles but the forward shots are pretty uneventful unless your listed for surfing and mounted to the low side.

ahopkins22LSV

Dare,

I wish. Now my sister may be making some money, but I whore myself out for free towels. 10 last season, 8 this season. Don't know what I'll do with 18 towels, but I'll post pics of them all over my boat.

There are quite a few people in the area that could always use more towels ;)

Don't own a Gopro but all of my friends seem to have them and don't even do anything on the water. One of them really wants to experiment with different mounts for when I am skiing. I am looking forward to experimenting with his equipment! :biggrin:

• Like 1

I will second or third the suction cup mount with the "life jacket" will sink!!! I didnt catch the small print on the package that the life jacket will not float with the large suction cup attached!!! Oh well its at the bottom of 70-80 ft and it isnt coming back!!! I have a leash now!!

• 2 months later...

Why would you mount a GOPRO to the transom..... the field of view is way to wide for a good video of a skier behind the boat, the best working distance for a GOPRO is about 12-15 ft not 75ft...... Buy a cheap full video camera and mount it to the pylon if you want good behind the boat video. Search trakker or ski-dock on Google, or there are videos on how to build one on youtube. We mount the GOPRO to the gunnel for boom filming but we add 3-4 floaty key chains to it because a GOPRO with a suction cup will not float!

Why would you mount a GOPRO to the transom..... the field of view is way to wide for a good video of a skier behind the boat, the best working distance for a GOPRO is about 12-15 ft not 75ft...... Buy a cheap full video camera and mount it to the pylon if you want good behind the boat video. Search trakker or ski-dock on Google, or there are videos on how to build one on youtube. We mount the GOPRO to the gunnel for boom filming but we add 3-4 floaty key chains to it because a GOPRO with a suction cup will not float!

People also surf behind these boats.

I did the sticky mount back there and leash mine with a SS leash to my transom pad. That said, I don't like the video from there as well as I do the tower so I rarely use that mount.

Let me throw this out there.....why can't you buy the handle bar mount and mount it to the grab bar on the transom? Pretty quick and easy to remove. Even though it's not as quick as the suction cup.

• Like 1

I suction mounted to the rear transom and then leashed to the rear grab bar. It's never come off and takes amazing pics and videos. We really use it for surfing. The wakeboarding videos are a little too far away, but it's still a really cool angle regardless of distance.

• Like 2

I use a piece of square tubing (left over from engine wall reinforcements), u bolted to th r transom grab bar and a handlebar mount. Works like a champ

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I use the suction cup mount for my go pro and it has worked flawlessly. I have the floaty back door. I haven't used additional floaties or tie offs but the added protection is a nice fail safe. It works really good stuck right to the fiberglass.

Your Go Pro Sank with the floatation? Was it the same one as the picture I posted above? That think seams very buoyant. I will definitely do some bath tub testing tonight.

No pictures please. :rofl: