Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Goode PowerShell bindings concern

baumer

If anybody is considering purchasing Goode powershell bindings please be careful!

Last year in early October I purchase a set of Goode power shell bindings thinking that having more lateral stiffness while keeping forward flex would be a good combination. This combination worked and worked well but what I didn’t know is the interlock what comes down to being a high tech Velcro material that Goode sells with these bindings is designed more specifically to stick to a Goode ski. Now the problem isn’t with the bindings or the interlock itself it is with the adhesive that sticks to the ski. After speaking with Goode they know they have had problems with this and have designed there skis to be ready for this type of adhesive right off of the assembly line but I ski on last years Monza, hmm. When I had purchased these bindings no one ever said a word to me about this nor is it in their literature that come with these bindings there are no disclaimers anywhere that I found. I installed this interlock exactly as directed to in the installation notes but after three sets I noticed that this interlock had started to separate from the top of my ski. I remove this interlock install new interlock that I had order with the bindings then winter sets in so I am off of the ski for some time and I wasn’t able to test the ski. After getting back on the ski it did it again after three sets. I have it on video tap while cutting across the wake you can see my ski separating from my bindings and that was a very weird feeling. The next day I called up Goode and the tech department they explained to me that I would need to use a specific type of prep material for the tops of my ski which comes down to scratching up the top of the ski just to get this interlock to stick but this may not even solve the problem I was told. I am sure that this interlock works and stick good but it didn’t work for me.

I am not bashing Goode or there product I did like skiing with those bindings but now I do not have the confidence that they will stay on my ski.

Bottom line is for those with these types of bindings or someone considering them be careful this may not be a wide spread but someone could get seriously hurt.

I ski with Powershells on a Monza and have had no problem with the adhesive on the interloc, i also know of several others with the same system and same ski who have no problem. Some people say if you heat the adhesive up a little before sticking to the ski it works better.. It helps a lot to wipe the ski surface down with rubbing alcohol or some sort of prep wash . Also, make sure you have enough interloc on there for your size.. What size ski do you ski on, how much do you weigh, what speed and line lengths are you running?

Chris Rossi has been on this system for years now and has no problems with it what so ever, he has a forum at www.sktek.net that might be worth posting a question to him?

Bottom line is if the ski top is perfectly cleaned the adhesive should stick, i know Goode had a bad batch of interloc at one stage so maybe try to source some from elsewhere, it's a lot cheaper than buying direct from them too!

Thanks,

Good info. Are you now considering Fogman's or something comparable? I'm currently taking sets with an entire family who ski Monza/Fogman combinations and love them. For what it's worth, both of the Goode skis that are on the rack here at the club have Animals on them....hmmmmm........

Not really sure what bindings are next I know that I will be checking out Addictedto6 bindings tomorrow at the clinic. Right now I am using my 04 Phantom back up bindings.

I ski with Powershells on a Monza and have had no problem with the adhesive on the interloc, i also know of several others with the same system and same ski who have no problem. Some people say if you heat the adhesive up a little before sticking to the ski it works better.. It helps a lot to wipe the ski surface down with rubbing alcohol or some sort of prep wash . Also, make sure you have enough interloc on there for your size.. What size ski do you ski on, how much do you weigh, what speed and line lengths are you running?

Chris Rossi has been on this system for years now and has no problems with it what so ever, he has a forum at www.sktek.net that might be worth posting a question to him?

Bottom line is if the ski top is perfectly cleaned the adhesive should stick, i know Goode had a bad batch of interloc at one stage so maybe try to source some from elsewhere, it's a lot cheaper than buying direct from them too!

Ya, I cleaned the surface with rubbing alcohol the first time then try a light duty degreaser then alcohol for the final step the second time. I am sure that there are people with out any problems out there but from what Goode told me they have had a few issues like this. I know I had more than enough intelock on the ski it just wouldn't stick for what ever reason. Don't get me wrong it is a good system and I liked skiing on them and I even tried to use them after the second time. I just couldn't get comfortable on them after the last time when it came apart from my ski in the middle of a off side lean.

Thanks for the help

Thanks,

Good info. Are you now considering Fogman's or something comparable? I'm currently taking sets with an entire family who ski Monza/Fogman combinations and love them. For what it's worth, both of the Goode skis that are on the rack here at the club have Animals on them....hmmmmm........

Not really sure what bindings are next I know that I will be checking out Addictedto6 bindings tomorrow at the clinic. Right now I am using my 04 Phantom back up bindings.

I'm LFF, size 9.5-10. your welcome to try them out if they match up!

Thanks,

I'm LFF, size 9.5-10. your welcome to try them out if they match up!

Thanks for the offer I may take you up on that if we have time. I am same LFF, size 10.

The interloc is a 3M product. I recently bought some from McMaster Carr. I can't remember the exact model/name, though I'm sure I could find it if someone was interested. I made my own rear toe plate. I was also able to find the G10 plate material that is used for the base.