Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

tint pricing

UofM_MXZ

^^^ depends. how many boats have they done?? Specifically.... how many wake BOATS?

I would say if they use premium materials and they do a flawless job... yep, thats in the range of a fair price.

Wakeboats are extremely hard to tint and get right. This isnt like doing a tint job on a tough car. 10x harder.

There's plenty of threads in this topic. I had mine done at 20%. I'd prefer it over 5% because I like to be able to see thru at least a little. At night you won't seen thru any of it but even before the tint I never looked thru the windshield when driving at night.

I had mine done at detail express in keego harbor. They do mostly autos but have also done boats. If you check them out on Instagram, they post photos of all their work. I was real happy with the quality of the job. Think it was 350 for the vride window which is not easy, and they didn't have to use multiple prices to accommodate the curvature. I'd recommend.

The newer boats (like yours) windshields are not that difficult like the big one piece wraps of previous generations. That seems like a high quote, but I do not know your area. That said, I'm willing to pay more for something if it is a business I like to support and their product/customer service is worth the extra expense. I paid 200 for my 2010 vlx here in so cal

Well supposedly they do a great job and do all of their boats. I guess my next question is there any cons to tinting the boat? 20% or so

Interesting you ask that because I purchased a boat last year with tinting and after the first couple of outings decided to pull it. Granted it looked sweet however it was so dark that we really couldn't see forward all that well which in my opinion is a pretty important item while boating. Couldn't see half of the lake and my downed rider when picking them up. I ended up driving around with my head above the windshield the entire time.

Hope this helps

I had them put 5% on the sides! and 20% on the front glass so I could still see. $250 and you can't tell the difference from the outside, it all looks dark.

Depends on what they are using and how they are tinting it, glass on the boat or off. I normally charge $500-$600 to pull the glass and frames, tint and reinstall. There is lots of ways to do them the newer Malibu's are not bad but I still charge $350 for them. Problem with boat glass is its curved so much and takes a lot to shrink the film. You can break the glass pretty easy shrinking the tint. That is an expensive mistake. Boat glass takes a lot more time then a car does so that adds to the cost. That being said I like the look of 5% but sucks to drive and is hard to see stuff in the water. 20% still looks good and is easier to see out. Anything less is not worth spending the money on.

I had them put 5% on the sides! and 20% on the front glass so I could still see. $250 and you can't tell the difference from the outside, it all looks dark.

Who did yours? I am looking to tint mine this year and have been getting quotes much higher than $250

Who did yours? I am looking to tint mine this year and have been getting quotes much higher than $250

Do you have a curved windshield? That makes it way harder and more expensive. I got mine done by an Asian guy that my brother in law uses all the time so I got a deal. Over on Kingsway near Metrotown.