Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

NEW TO THE MALIBU CREW

Tijuana Pete

Greetings and Salutations to All,

I have been a member since 2011 just reading up cuz I was kicking around the idea of getting a bu. Finally pulled the trigger last year on a 1991 Malibu Skier, but been busy. I have had the boat on the lake maybe 10 times now and the motor seems to run great, haven't had a problem yet, but I'm ready to go full force with the mods and restoration process. Needs new interior and steering seems a bit stiff. Any suggestions would be appreciated for upgrades or maintenance since the boat is over 20 years old.

Also just dropped the boat off to be wrapped at Gatorwraps and have been working with the graphic design team on a concept I came up with. Didn't really want to go with a generic wrap that you might see on any other boat so I started brainstorming and thinking of something that would be an eye catcher.

Well I think I came up with something that is going to turn some heads. I'm sure we have some fans out there of The Walking Dead. Well my concept is The Waking Dead. The "L" in Walking will be crossed out to make it "The Waking Dead". Been working on some graphics with the design team for the sides, back and top of the boat, zombies wakeboarding, graveyard scenes, etc. Let me know what you think. Posting a before pic now and more to come as the progress continues.

post-17365-0-16030700-1395694888_thumb.j

Grats on the new boat. Your wrap idea sounds like it's going to be really cool. A new steering cable will fix your stiff steering issue, you should be able to turn it with a single finger. Check to make sure you don't have any leaks in the transom of your boat that are leaving your steering cable in water while it sits on the trailer. That will wreck your steering cable pretty fast. Depending on how dark your wrap looks tinting the windows on your boat might look really cool as well.

Thanks guys, hope it turns out the way I envision it. Fingers crossed, I should have some pics for you by the end of the month. Thanks for the suggestions pook, been hearing a lot about Chee for the new skins and was gna try and shoot him an email for a quote. I think the wrap will be on the darker side so tinting the windows sounds like a good idea. Gonna check the steering cable when I get it back and repack the nut on the rudder, as well. Any suggestions on an updated prop, ACME or OJ? Want to board and surf and was thinking about going with the 3 blade ACME 543 and probably just have the existing rudder resurfaced and use as a spare. Was also look into electronic ignition upgrade.

Turquoise/black towel would go nicely with that boat. I heard you wouldn't have to update the prop with a set of new towels. They are suppose to add an additional 125 hp to all 1991 malibu skiers.

Haven't been to Elsinore in years. Last time I went was like 15 years ago and it was pretty dirty, but I have heard it has been cleaned up since. Usually go to Perris when I just want to get it on the water. It's small, but close. I live like 5 miles from Elsinore now though, so probably gna make a few trips just to get it on the water and get some pics when the wrap is done. How bout you Wakebrdr? You're pretty close to me. I do have a 4th of July trip planned for Huntington Lake right near Shaver Lake though, hopefully I can at least get my maintenance, wrap and interior upgraded beforehand.

I'm not familiar with a towel??? Anything that could get me another 125 hp, I would totally be into.

Haven't been to Elsinore in years. Last time I went was like 15 years ago and it was pretty dirty, but I have heard it has been cleaned up since. Usually go to Perris when I just want to get it on the water. It's small, but close. I live like 5 miles from Elsinore now though, so probably gna make a few trips just to get it on the water and get some pics when the wrap is done. How bout you Wakebrdr? You're pretty close to me. I do have a 4th of July trip planned for Huntington Lake right near Shaver Lake though, hopefully I can at least get my maintenance, wrap and interior upgraded beforehand.

I'm not familiar with a towel??? Anything that could get me another 125 hp, I would totally be into.

I think this is it:

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/47640-offical-2014-the-malibu-crew-towel/

The 125 hp is only when you buy 6 or more towels and you have to have over 300 posts at time of order for the 2014 group towel buy and it's not valid in California or Alaska.

Good one Rmack, I feel like an idiot. LOL. I'm assuming you are trying to get me in on a group towel buy.

Oh, there was a group towel buy going on? Didn't realize that. I heard they are awesome. :whistle: