Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Carpet Saver, again

racer808

First, I've read through every carpet saver thread but most of the links to cheaper options no longer work. I did find John Tower & Bimini & Corinthian which I am going to try when they open.

I have my eye on the bakes carpet savers but through the other threads it looks like people were scoring them for $200-$300.00 Curious if anyone knows where I can get em for that price? I've thought about replacing the carpet myself but I know I can't do it right & it will come out sloppy. Not sure I want to invest in new carpet, upholstery since that would mean I am committing to keeping the boat at least 3-4 years or more & with it being an 02, having 537 hours it would be 16-17 years old & have 1,000 hours which seems like it would be hard to sell for a decent price.

If the rest of your interior is nice I'd go all in and replace the carpet. Do the tear down / rebuild yourself and save some cash. You'll get that money back when you decide to sell. A boat with new carpet stands out. I'm going to do mine at some point.

If the rest of your interior is nice I'd go all in and replace the carpet. Do the tear down / rebuild yourself and save some cash. You'll get that money back when you decide to sell. A boat with new carpet stands out. I'm going to do mine at some point.

The rest isn't, it's not horrible as far as tears or anything. But it is used, the people before didn't really take care of it, looks like it was put away wet in the hot AZ sun & wind with a crappy cover. You wouldn't believe the amount of sand I vacuumed out of the crevices on this thing! If I am going to go as far as doing all the carpet, I would want the upholstery done as well. Which is hard to justify on this machine. But the carpet saver would at least make the floor feel nice & look good

Edited by racer808

For me, I'd replace the whole interior. A lot of people don't even want to look at a boat that needs an interior. I believe the market when you go to sell will be much better if the interior is minty fresh.

Welp, after shopping around & realizing carpet for the entire boat & glue is still less than $300.00 I am gonna go ahead & recarpet the boat. Guess it can't be that hard!

YEAH!!! Take a lot of pics. I'm gathering info for when I do mine.

I will, I am going to cut some corners though. Not sure if I should but there is a huge price gap between 8' wide carpet & 6' wide. I think I may go around the cooler & on port side cut directly under the seat framing so you can't see the splice, but the carpet under there is fine. Depends on what I find when the samples get here. Will do ozite as suggested for other areas, sides, lockers, etc. My wife is gonna kill me, I told her I was done blowing money on it this year

Edited by racer808

Does anyone know what the color choices were in 2002? Seems it was tan or grey. I found really good deal on carpet, no samples available so I am not sure if marble grey or smoke grey would be the more appropriate match? Or even silver now that I am looking at pictures?

Edited by racer808