Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Samson tower mirror

Matty_gs

I feel ya, but I can't recall ever seeing ANYTHING made of billet aluminum that's was "cheap".

I think for what you get , the 300-350 dollar price range is adequate. 600...... Not even close, but at this juncture it's about the only choice out there for a tower mounted mirror on a G3. I understand why it costs what it costs.

There obviously isn't much to made here in this product and nobody else has felt the urge to tackle it and provide a cheaper option. You say you wouldn't do it for what would be made.....neither would I. I also know Samson doesn't get rich off of them either, but we all know who is.

There are a lot of things Malibu can't justify........but they do it anyways.People still keep buying.

Go ahead and buy the tooling, design a mirror arm and buy materials to build the arm. Pay a CAD guy to cut them out and then see where you are at. I think you would be hard pressed to build it for under 3 bills.

Take into account the CIPA or PTM mirrors, even the black PTM is over 100 bucks retail right there.

You own a 70-80k dollar boat. Quit being such a tight arse.

Well, if you have a Bridgeport in your garage, I'll bet it could be done with $30 worth of materials ;)

How much is YOUR time worth?

Would be cool to have a Bridgeport, but I'd rather have a full blown CNC to make as many as you need to build to make a profit.