Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mounting Jabsco in '13 LSV

pkh

Hey all - I am planning on adding a Jabsco pump with a hide able hose for filling up extra bags when we are running with a small crew.

I wanted to know where's a good place to mount the pump? I have seen it mounted in one of the storage compartments but its quite noisy and would like to have it under the floor if possible.

The hose would have a mounted attachment point under passenger seat like in this photo:

WakeWorx201.jpg

Have you seen Gerry's new demo LSV? They installed exactly what you're talking about. Here are a few pics I grabbed the other day...

20140304_170243_zpsuvju8rbz.jpg

20140304_170235_zpshdwg4zip.jpg

20140304_170301_zpsliwj0gft.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Edited by IXFE

Yes I was on it last night in fact!

Plus he will never admit it but that whole idea was mine to start with! :lol:

His setup is fine, I just think it was a bit loud so was considering different mount options.

Too funny! No argument here... the idea is yours!

I've been considering something like this on my new LSV. But I'm on the fence.

Maybe I need a demo in Gerry's new sled to straighten things out. ;-)

Did you put in a new thru hull or did you tap into an existing one?

New through hulls. These pumps can't share.

I'll drill a hole in your boat if you need help.

I was in Gerry's demo on Friday. Guy's got a thing for peppermint and plasti-dip.

Edited by Bobby Bright
  • Like 1

That is a great idea from AWS but I am not sold on the mounting location of the disconnect fitting, that would hurt like heck if you hit your foot or ankle on that fitting or you could easily break off that switch plate. This is why I ended up putting mine on the drivers helm kickplate, no chance of interference with passengers sitting or moving around in the boat.

Edited by Fman
That is a great idea from AWS but I am not sold on the mounting location of the disconnect fitting, that would hurt like heck if you hit your foot or ankle on that fitting or you could easily break off that switch plate. This is why I ended up putting mine on the drivers helm kickplate, no chance of interference with passengers sitting or moving around in the boat.

Agree... don't love the location or the ankle buster. Your location is stealth!

Your pump is near the transmission, right? That's a ways away. Was that hard to plumb it that far away?

Edited by IXFE

Pretty simple, I ran the line down the drivers side gunwale at the bottom behind the cupholders, under seats rail, etc. You cant see it at all, completely hidden. Its about a 20' run from the pump to the front ballast "Y" for gunwale bags. I tried to go over the fuel tank but there was zero room to allow another ballast line to come up through the floor behind the kickplate. Your LSV might have more space, the 1 1/8" lines take up quite a bit of room.

hmmm.... so I install your ballast and get a ride behind the LSV? that could work :) Lol, I did the same thing last year for a friend out in Utah with his new MB before we went to lake Powell.

Are you planning on PnP for the rear tanks and plumbing a Johnson pump for extra bags in bow/walkway area?

Lol... Travis the traveling ballast installer!

I don't really have a plan, honestly. I did order PnP for the rear. And I do have a 750 and a manual pump for the bow. That's where it stands now. I'm kind of curious to see what others are going to try with this boat/engine combo.

I kind of like the idea of a walkway and bow sac on individual pumps. Our maybe the hidden bow setup you just invented.

Idk... Open to suggestions.

Portland isn't that far from Montana! I'm in for the traveling ballast install. You can hang out at our cabin in your down time and the boat of course would need plenty of testing before you leave.

hahaha, you guys better be careful, you might have the Fman crew coming up to your area, we're not shy! and we all love being on the water.... A few days in Oregon, and off to Montana! I cant think of a better road trip to be in two new LSV's.... :rockon: I must have done a satisfactory install job on the MB, I got invited back again this year for the guys trip on Powell!

If it were me on the new LSV I would go at minimum the PnP rear lockers with a designated Johnson pump to fill your bow sac/walkway sac. One for each would be ideal. The Johnson pump will fill about 100 lbs per minute. You could throw a Big 800 in the walkway with another 400-750 in the bow, that LSV will take a lot of weight, especially with the LS3 in it. I am looking forward to seeing what this boat will be capable of :)

I'm not sold on using those fittings on the pump side and the bag side. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like those fly high quick connect fittings (as are pictured above) seem to pop off without twisting tension on the hose all the time. Except the two fittings will be twisting opposite ways, won't they? I'd much rather have a flow rite fitting on either end of the extension hose.

Center bilge area if you have room, or possibly in the rear if you have to. You can just run hoses up to the front or put some flow rite connectors somewhere up there and attach a hose to them when you need it. The bilge is super deep on those new LSV's.

I have one of my Johnson's on a selector valve and I can switch it over and I made a hose extension 15 ft long so I can fill a bag anywhere in the boat with that and drain it with that also.

• Like 2

I used the flow rite connector at the junction from the valve and the twist lock connector on the other side of the hose. This way I can fill bags and leave them without the hose connected.

I used the flow rite connector at the junction from the valve and the twist lock connector on the other side of the hose. This way I can fill bags and leave them without the hose connected.

Where does your hose come into cabin? Trying to figure out best spot to put it...

My seating arrangement is different than yours, but mine is right under the starboard rear seat. I have two large rear seats and the 23 has it split into threes. I just lift the seat, flip the valve, plug my hose in and turn the pump on. I Think if you could mount the fitting in the inset combing pocket on the side where the cup holders are, that would be slick. Out of the way and easy to get at.

My seating arrangement is different than yours, but mine is right under the starboard rear seat. I have two large rear seats and the 23 has it split into threes. I just lift the seat, flip the valve, plug my hose in and turn the pump on. I Think if you could mount the fitting in the inset combing pocket on the side where the cup holders are, that would be slick. Out of the way and easy to get at.

Flowrite bulkhead fitting:

MA-072-QLB.jpg?itok=K-sVutoU

• 3 weeks later...

Can you tell me where i could get one of these AWS Connections/Ballast switch that Gerry has on his new LSV on page 1? Thanks

Edited by sstj