Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2006 Inline Fuel Filter

Been told by bakes from my engine serial that i have an inline fuel filter. i can not seem to find it anywhere following the fuel pump lines. Am i looking in the wrong place?

thanks

Edited by bankshk

almost certain i did not see one there. will have a look again, if not, is it just a matter of cutting the line and attaching the filter between the fuel tank and pump?

I have an '06 v-drive as well. I replace my fuel filter every year.

As above, remove the middle rear seat cushion and the plastic storage tray underneath. Looking down, you should be able to see

the rear edge of the fuel tank and the fuel line leading back towards the fuel pump on the starboard [driver's] side. The fuel filter

should be about half way between the two.

I can't imagine why someone would have removed the fuel filter. It's a low cost part, available at many auto parts stores (I get mine

at the local O'Reilly's), and, without it, you'd have to replace that whole segment with a straight, uncut piece of fuel line that you'd

probably also have to get at an auto parts store.

The fuel filter is held in place on both ends with a small c-clamp, so you'll need those as well if you are going to cut and install. On

the side on the fuel filter, pay close attention to the arrow etched on the side, indicating the direction of fuel flow. Should be an easy

job.

Edited by srab

Been told by bakes from my engine serial that i have an inline fuel filter. i can not seem to find it anywhere following the fuel pump lines. Am i looking in the wrong place?

thanks

Take a look at the image below. The little silver thing with two black lines (rubber clamp) just to starboard of the V-Drive is the in-line fuel filter in my boat. Two clamps hold the fuel hoses in place. You may have a clear filter or a metal one. Just for reference.

20140315_121311_zpsf4b7607e.jpg