Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bow speakers worth it?

Nwextreme

Have my 04 vlx at bakes right now adding a sub to my current system. Was debating on having them build custom pods for bow speakers while it's in there. I'm not concerned about the people in the bow getting music more concerned w myself the driver. I'm 6' 4" so I tend to stand driving the majority of the time. I have rev 8s on the tower but unless I spin them around facing the bow I can't here squat w just the dash speakers banking off the windshield. If i added the bow speakers do u think It would add a lot to the drivers listening experience or is it not worth the money?? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm trying to decide myself if I want to add bow speakers or dash speakers. Would love some insight on where people hear the volume most.

Have my 04 vlx at bakes right now adding a sub to my current system. Was debating on having them build custom pods for bow speakers while it's in there. I'm not concerned about the people in the bow getting music more concerned w myself the driver. I'm 6' 4" so I tend to stand driving the majority of the time. I have rev 8s on the tower but unless I spin them around facing the bow I can't here squat w just the dash speakers banking off the windshield. If i added the bow speakers do u think It would add a lot to the drivers listening experience or is it not worth the money?? Thanks

Bow speakers are primarily for those who occupy the bow area. Anything on the opposite side of the windshield when under way will be of marginal benefit to the driver whether standing or seated. The pocket-mounted pass-thru speakers on later models help out the forward cockpit more so because they are closer and angled back a little.

I'm curious as to what power the dash speakers are presently getting and if/how they are crossed over?

I debated that for the longest time but ended up deciding not to. Instead we installed Rev 10s, a large sub and the 650s in the cabin area. Pretty much we left the bow to be the quiet zone for the people whom wish not to bleed from the ears. Any body that has installed these have pics BTW?

I'm thinking if adding some to the bow too! Wife always rides up there and can't hear anything. Does anyone know of any kits to box the speakers in or do I have to take the homemade route?

On my buddies' boat that doesn't have any bow speakers, everyone seems to run to the bow of the boat to take a phone call. It's that much quieter up front than behind the windshield. My own boat has bow speakers so that isn't really an option.

My stereo guy surprised me and installed some on my 2012 VTX. It was a very nice feature for the passengers that ride in the bow. And it was also nice for the rest of the people in the boat. I didn't have to have the stereo cranked for the people in the bow to hear it.

Edited by Malibuzer
  • 2 weeks later...

I ended up building some custom boxes that fit very snuggly in the front bow are towards the very front. They have Kicker 6.5" speakers in them. It basically balances the overall volume front to back. In the past, with out them, when we were cruising in the boat, the front passengers feel disconnected because of physical divide between the front and the back, but also felt disconnected because they could also not hear the stereo very well either. I like the addition up front.