Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Just bought a use air chair

isellacuras

Nope. Dietrich is a very common name.

Hmmm...you are only the 2nd person I have known to have it.....guess I never paid attention to it....

Jump to 1:25 in the video. 20mph is fast enough.

Except that I'm 250 dry and naked.

And, I'm flying a SS Pro ST with cast T bar and orig. wings.

I need 25 to get my fat azz up there.

• Like 2

Except that I'm 250 dry and naked.

And, I'm flying a SS Pro ST with cast T bar and orig. wings.

I need 25 to get my fat azz up there.

OMG...WAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy.....TMI.....

My VVM (Virtual Visual Memory) has been seriously compromised................ :cry:

OMG...WAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy.....TMI.....

My VVM (Virtual Visual Memory) has been seriously compromised................ :cry:

Then you absolutely, positively, do not want to look at this

http://s516.photobucket.com/user/pft3/media/leave%20up%20TMC%20stuff/019Medium.jpg.html

Might make your VVM crash and burn.

Well, being that I make all you 250 pounders look small, I am definitely going to increase speed. I'm 6'4" and about 285.

Think about shimming the rear wing.

Loosen the bolts enough to get a dime between the wing and the "T" bar so that the forward edge of the wing is pointing downward. Then snug up the bolts.

There's a little white Mylar or plastic shim in there now. Previous owner called it the "beginner shim". He had a bag of shims and parts. I haven't looked through them. I will verify the thickness but I think is pretty close to dime size. I would really like to move the foot pads forward so I could can stretch out a little more. I feel like I'm sitting on a toilet, grunting one out. Especially getting up. I feel like my weight is to far back

That particular seat is like 2" - 4" further back than the SS or X-Air seats..... so your not far off base.

Shims are a trial & error thing. I like to have a foil that tends to fly very easily, then I ride with a bit of foot pressure all the time. But if it's too hot, then your always leaning forward to get it to drop... so too much isn't good at all. The thicker the shim in the back of the rear wing is, the hotter the foil will be.

But that wing your on is the beginner wing. When you go to the curved rear wing, it'll be waaaay quicker. Not that it climbs more, it tends to go up or down much easier..... almost too quick for me.

Will it hurt my wake/surf rack to store the air chair in the surf slot with foil facing up? I put it in there, wrapped the bungee accordingly and it seemed to hold ok. Bounced around a little bit in the chop but foil never hit the tower or anything. Anyone know if this is to much weight for the standard rack on the G3? I don't want to do any permanant damage but dont want to spend the money on a proper rack until I fully submerge myself in the sport either.

I had an original Titan foil rack with bungee for years... Never a problem, although bolts did show a "flat spot" when I upgraded to a Comptech. I would say it depends on the bolts holding the forks... Titan had 3 x 3/8"... I would say you are fine just floating, idle speeds, etc. but recommend getting something permanent before too long.

I store mine in the upper Surf slot on stock G3 Rack. I wrap a small piece of neoprene around ski before sliding into rack to make it a little tighter and add some extra cushion. No problems..

Yep. I have the flat beginner one too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First thing I would do is put the beginner wing back on. It's slower and more stable.

Next is set the lift. Cut out as hard and fast as you usually do and go as wide as possible. If you get way out there and you are leaning pretty far forward to keep the ski down the lift is right. When you have a little more lift you NEED the line tension to maintain a bit if foot pressure to keep the ski down. This will add power to the ski and also take away some of the balancing act of controlling flight.

More lift is added by adding a shim to the front of the rear wing. Lift is reduced by adding a shim to the rear part of the rear wing.

• 3 weeks later...

I want to move my bindings forward. Seems pretty easy to unscrew 3 screw tabs on each side of binding. The footbeds seem to be glued down and have some sort of thin plastic liner on the bottom. What kind of glue should I use to re attach them to the board?