Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Just bought a use air chair

isellacuras

I like my belt snug, but not tight. Different seating positions for different tricks, so I'm scootin around as I ride. The two sides should overlap at least 4 or 5 inches.

Have fun on Oroville. Good times camping & riding there a few years ago.

-

Bill

the rear wing itself can come around & knock you in the back of the head. There are lots of stories out there about how this has happened,

So helmet &/or FootStays. I actually do both. After you get used to them, I don't see the point in going back.

I've had this happen to my buddy, Jens. It's scary to watch happen. It's as bad as a "scorpion" on a wake board.

I ride with foot stays and a helmet every time.

and doesn't have ear flaps. I plan to upgrade my headgear too.

You definitely need eardrum protection. Sometimes I get airborne, sideways, can't correct and land on my side.

• Like 2

And as far as the foot stays go.... you can use them on this board setup and take them off when you sell it. They are capable of fitting on about any board that I am aware of.

How do they mount to the board? Seems like the ones that are on there are glued down. I wouldn't want to take these off unless I could put them back on to sell the complete set up.

So you leave the pads and toe loops and just replace the heel strap? That might be worth it.

Exactly. You pull the 6 screws up, remove the heelstrap, install the FootStays between the rubber layers, and screw it all back down. Footbeds are not effected at all.

Great now I want a foil again...and a helmet...and footstays...and a back brace....and a ride to the hospital probably. :salute:

Get video!
  • Like 3

Exactly. You pull the 6 screws up, remove the heelstrap, install the FootStays between the rubber layers, and screw it all back down. Footbeds are not effected at all.

I use Malibumarks foot stays and like them better than cinch, but both are way better than stock rubber strap.

• Like 1

I have a set of foot stays I can part with if you want a set. I went with Malibumark bindings as well. They were on my board when I got it and changed them out. They are used, but perfect for a setup you may be getting rid of soon. PM me if your interested and we can work something out.

I would recc. that you find a machinist that can duplicate the plastic binding hold downs in aluminum. I did.

I thought someone sold those?

I would recc. that you find a machinist that can duplicate the plastic binding hold downs in aluminum. I did.

I thought someone sold those?

Several people have made them over the years, Foil-n.com, MalibuMark & Gergler to name a few.

The plastic ones are fine. But in aluminum, they last forever. I bet mine are almost 10 yrs old & been on 5 different foils.

I have been running the same plastic ones for 7 years now.

Yea, I've found if your not removing them & jackin around with your bindings all the time, they do last forever. Only time I have had problems with the plastic version is when I'm screwing them down, especially if you get a little over zealous with a cordless drill. :Doh:

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

I love mine. I have the basic Air Chair too. Not the old version, but still nothing fancy.

This is what I got from loose lap belt plus under rotated backflip and no Helmet:

post-9687-13960504785524_thumb.jpg

Didn't stop me from riding though. I'm A little gun shy now. I'm happy just jumping straight up and landing without eating it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by bunji169

Wore my helmet today. Getting better with each ride. Still haven't been able to pull out of a "foil out of water" scenario but I was much closer this time. I'm thinking I need more speed. Today I rode at about 19 instead of 17-18 that I rode last time.

I love mine. I have the basic Air Chair too. Not the old version, but still nothing fancy.

This is what I got from loose lap belt plus under rotated backflip and no Helmet:

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1396050477.939044.jpg

Didn't stop me from riding though. I'm A little gun shy now. I'm happy just jumping straight up and landing without eating it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And this is why we are recommending some upgraded safety equipment. Glad you are ok!

• Like 1

Ouch bunji169. The result of many of the stories we've heard over the years. I didn't wear a helmet the first year or two, and thankfully never had that particular cut. But have had numerous other injuries. We like to screw with different kinds of gear & are always pushing the envelope in the tricks & locations we're riding. So we're more than a little responsible for it. And the gear is a lot stronger now days that when we started.

I'm about 230 lbs & ride around 26 mph to compensate.. The foil just performs better. While I can do back rolls & front rolls at 20, I need a crutch like some speed or a big fat wake.... or BOTH to help kick my fat a** up in the air. Everyone once in a while some drivers forget to pay attention to their speed & we end up doing a bit more than normal. But when things are clickin, it's a lot of fun.

Last summer on Shasta.

Several years ago on Oroville

Edited by Bill_AirJunky