Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wedge Price

Juice75

So I was at the local Malibu dealership the other day buying an impeller, and decided to get a quote for a wedge. They quoted me $649 for the Pro Wedge 23 (the bent one), and $348 for the stainless steel wedge plate. Shocking.gif Keep in mind, that these prices didn't include installation. Does that sound right to you?

For both pieces, the wedge and the mounting plate, that price is good.

why did they quote you the bent wedge for your year and hull?

Edited by Pistol Pete

That's just for the parts. I was afraid to ask how much installation would be.

My Sunsetter has the non-diamond hull. From everything I've read, a v-drive SV23Wake hull is supposed to get the bent wedge. I know the bent wedge didn't come out until 2001, but the hull stayed the same up until '04.

Those prices seem a bit high since I purchase my wedge for $275.

You either stole it or bought it along time ago. I paid $400 3 years ago.

If possible, go with pollished. The black corrodes quickly. Looks nasty.

The actual foil is polished? I haven't seen one of those before.

The Ebay guy is a dealer in Michigan. They sell 10-15% off for their Ebay sales. We just broke off a fin and he quoted us $20 cheaper than our local dealer including shipping. They will answer your ebay questions quickly.

Is it possible to put a wedge on on my 94 Echelon? Is the Hull strong enough? I think I have seen some 93's and 94's with the wedge. Which is right for my Hull?

Yes the wedge will work on your boat, in fact 93' was the first year on the Echelon. I'd suggest the flat wedge.

So I was at the local Malibu dealership the other day buying an impeller, and decided to get a quote for a wedge. They quoted me $649 for the Pro Wedge 23 (the bent one), and $348 for the stainless steel wedge plate. Shocking.gif Keep in mind, that these prices didn't include installation. Does that sound right to you?

I got a new wedge from them last fall for $400. They had several that fit my '01 Sunsetter VLX lying around from folks buying showroom boats that opted not to take the wedge. My boat already had the plate.

• 2 weeks later...
Is it possible to put a wedge on on my 94 Echelon? Is the Hull strong enough? I think I have seen some 93's and 94's with the wedge. Which is right for my Hull?

I have a Wedge on my 94 Echelon. It works just great.It is one of the first Wedges that had the straight locking pin, flat blade. The pin was a problem because it would not come out without hitting the speedo tube. I made a new pin with a hinge in the middle and now I can bend it as I put it in place. Go for it. I believe I paid $550 installed several years ago. I waited for one whole season after ordering it because they were back ordered and Malibu couldn't keep up.

Any performance difference between the bent and straight wedge? I have the staight wedge and the only thing I don't like about it is how much performace and steering is limited w/it down.