Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Replacing 'dead' carpet...there's no turning back now!

Intense

On 5/14/2015 at 5:29 AM, saxton15 said:

Are the 2014/2015 LSV templates the same as the 2011?

Never saw an answer to this one.  I have a 2012 23 LSV so is there a difference where the template for 2014 will not work for earlier years.  Please advise.  Thanks!

Sorry guys I meant a 2002  as I saw on Gator Step that they have template for a 2004.  Must have had too many drinks when posting and wished it was a 2012.  I really wanted to upgrade the look.  I have done a template on the other boat I had before this one and it came out great but it had gel coat floor. My understanding is that this floor is raw fiberglass.  Once I rip the carpet out what do I do to get a smooth floor so the Gator Step will adhere?

3 hours ago, malibu2004 said:

My 2004 VLX was raw fiberglass. What I did was sand the high spots and then then use https://www.tapplastics.com/product/fiberglass/epoxy_resins/tap_marine_grade_epoxy_system/27 A gallon of 314 and 143, 64 oz with black color. I removed everything from the boat when I did it. 

Did you create a thread about your project?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This is the thread I've been looking for!  What I've learned... this looks hard.  I'm gonna get a new boat instead.

But seriously, to the OP, this is awesome.  Nice work!