Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boards clap when on racks

jpk

I just put on Metcraft Illusion X board racks and they look snazzy. However, when cruising my boards clap together constantly. I am wondering if I didn't use the bungie cords correctly to keep this from happening.

I put both cords over the top board and down the outside edge (between the bindings) and hooked them to the rack hooks under the bottom board.

Try buying a small funoodle from toys r us or somewhere with water toys, cut it in hald and use one on each rack between boards.

Take each half and a small diameter bungee, run the bungee through the funoodle and tie the end off so it doesnt slide through. Tie the other end to the rack so you dont have to keep removing and installing it each time the boards come out of the rack. It will just hang there.

Mine only clap when I do something significant at the end of the rope. Thats pretty infrequent though. :(

Sorry, I couldn't resist either.

Edited by LS-One

Shouldn't wakeboard racks actually hold boards securely for the amount they cost? Surely there must be a way to tie them down snugly without resorting to stuffing extra padding in the form of a towel or beer cozy in them. Maybe I expect too much for $600?

Maybe they are clapping to the music, have you tried driving with the stereo off?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

couldn't help myself wanted to do it the first time

Nice-Racks.com makes their racks with a thicker middle fork, I have a set on the way and will let you know if they solve the problem with my happy, clapping boat. If it quits clapping does that mean that it's sad... :(

Picture taken from another post

Shouldn't wakeboard racks actually hold boards securely for the amount they cost? Surely there must be a way to tie them down snugly without resorting to stuffing extra padding in the form of a towel or beer cozy in them. Maybe I expect too much for $600?

Of course there's a way, and dont call me Shirley.

Of course there's a way, and dont call me Shirley.

Ok, mrothwell, what's the technique?

Maybe they are clapping to the music, have you tried driving with the stereo off?

Nice-Racks.com makes their racks with a thicker middle fork, I have a set on the way and will let you know if they solve the problem with my happy, clapping boat. If it quits clapping does that mean that it's sad... :(

Riverrunner,

what model of Nice racks have you bought and how much did they cost you. I want to buy some in the next day or two for my new V ride with an Illusion x

Edited by BuggsIsland06vride

I find the boards wiggle less if you put them in the racks, heal side first (more weight closer to the base of the rack)

Might help your situation.

Riverrunner,

what model of Nice racks have you bought and how much did they cost you. I want to buy some in the next day or two for my new V ride with an Illusion x

Call Horacio at Nice-Racks.com, he will take care of you.

Riverrunner,

Call Horacio at Nice-Racks.com, he will take care of you.

Thanks, I have taked to him and already ordered a set of tribal NICE RACKS they are very nice. Looking forward to them coming in this week and putting them to use.

Get the Nice racks... Their very quiet, rock solid, and they look good.

One thing I will recommend is that you get the covers for them.

I now have covers for the board racks,lites,and speakers, basically everthing but the tower, and no more cleaning bugs off the chrome. Biggrin.gif

I now have covers for the board racks,lites,and speakers, basically everthing but the tower, and no more cleaning bugs off the chrome. Biggrin.gif

jeffmx,

Does all of the tribal racks from NICE RACKS come with the center frok bigger than the two on the out sides? When I was looking to order mine they did not show it like that, they showed all three parts to the fork the same size. I have not yet recieved mine yet and I was hoping they were bigger and not the same. I did not order the swivel just the stationary ones and mayb e the swivels are made like that and not the others.

Nice, do you have a picture showing how they look from the sides?

jeffmx,

Does all of the tribal racks from NICE RACKS come with the center frok bigger than the two on the out sides? When I was looking to order mine they did not show it like that, they showed all three parts to the fork the same size. I have not yet recieved mine yet and I was hoping they were bigger and not the same. I did not order the swivel just the stationary ones and mayb e the swivels are made like that and not the others.

When I picked up my boat, Nick from Nice Rack actually drove to the dealer with these racks. I think they were one of the first with the wider fork in the middle, with the added logo's on the side. I think the stationary ones as well as the swivels will have the big center fork now.

The swivels are cool, but if space is a problem where you store it, you may want to measure them, as they stick out another 3-4 inches on each side.Of course you could remove them every time, but that is a PITA.

It is a tight fit at my house. Did I mention to get the covers?That is a MUST!

I took a few pictures tonight for your viewing pleasure...

post-81-1146628118_thumb.jpg

post-81-1146628125_thumb.jpg

Edited by jeffmx

Nice, do you have a picture showing how they look from the sides?

Here is a cool picture from the side at the dock... I think there is another one in my gallery.

post-81-1146628459_thumb.jpg