Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cushion Seam Coming Undone

Has anyone had problems with the vinyl pulling away from the seam/piping ....it's on the cushion where everyone steps on getting into the boat.....I know that I need to stop everyone from stepping on that cushion....is there any way to protect it....and is it fixable........it's not big.....but has potential to get bigger......I've only had my boat for 4 months...... Chevy_anim.gif

Yeah, it happens once in a while.

Your vinyl is still under warrantee, so just contact your dealer and have them order a new skin for that cushion. When it comes in, you'll just need to take that one cushion to the dealer and they will get the new skin put on and you'll be all set.

Enjoy

I had it happen to me. I had those two cushions re-skinned, then I asked the people that ride with me most to please not step on or near the piping of the seats. So far, so good.

I'm taking mine in for warranty this week and they said they are going to re-stitch the seam? I think they should re-skin it. If they stitch it I will step there all I can and if it tears again I will make them re-skin it.

Edited by ricnvic

Yeah,

I don't think theres any fixing that seam. From what I've heard, the reason that part of the seat tears at the piping is because when the sew that piping on, they stitched the stitches too close together. Therefore, making too many holes in the vinyl, too close together. Oh, and then there's us 240# people stepping right on it.

I have had both corner seat cushions re-skinned under warranty. The stitching in both cushions were pulling thru at the piping. I posted a pic sometime back but now I can't find it. Malibu should send your dealership a new replacement skin.

Rear middle cushion pulled away at the piping this weekend, already talked to the dealer and a new skin will be ordered on Tuesday.

I've had 2 on our 02vlx reskinned before finding a local upholstery shop to repair the 3rd one. The 3rd one only cost $45 to repair vs a bunch more for new skins.

Has anyone had problems with the vinyl pulling away from the seam/piping ....it's on the cushion where everyone steps on getting into the boat.....I know that I need to stop everyone from stepping on that cushion....is there any way to protect it....and is it fixable........it's not big.....but has potential to get bigger......I've only had my boat for 4 months...... Chevy_anim.gif

I had the one fixed on my LSV prior to selling $85.00 looked great.