Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Latest Merced factory tour

Since I toured the Merced factory yesterday, here's pictures of steps in the build process I hadn't seen posted before.

spraying black coating on gelcoat before fiberglass is installed

Malibufactorypics002tn_.jpg

Malibufactorypics003tn_.jpg

spraying gelcoat for fiberglass swim platform

Malibufactorypics004tn_.jpg

fiberglass chop sprayed after fiberglass mat was laid

Malibufactorypics005tn_.jpg

Great shots. I love going to the factory. It has got to be the best way to see so many different variations and possibilities. Plus, it's just plain COOL!

Wow. From the looks of it, they really let you get up close and personal during the spraying. I hope they gave you a breather mask. I've been dying to get up to the factory and take the tour - never enough time in the day. Thanks for the pics.

No mask. Besides the door in the picture, all the others in the factory were open and fans going to help with the fumes.

After all the modifications I made on my old Sportster, I love the smell of fiberglass/resin.

Edited by yabetcha

Is it just me or does it seem like the boat in the background has like 3 racks on one side or a really high rack on the far side?

Pete,

I zoomed in on the picture to check the racks. The 2nd boat has 1 rack and the 3rd boat behind it has 2 racks. I guess the angle of the picture I took made it look like they were all in alignment on the same tower, but they're actually racks from two separate boats.

Look at the rear hatch of the Blue VLX it looks like they are going to the double like in the 24'.

Good eye. It also looks like he has the new Sony Remote as well.......