Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2003 lsv ski locker sack question?

built2rev

So my uncle pulled his center locker ski sack out of his 2003 23ft LSV last night and found a big tear in the sack. So now it is time to replace the sack. My question is the one that came out is huge It is 80" x 19" this thing looks way bigger than what could actually fit in the ski locker full. Wondering if i should go with a W705 or go with the W842?? Looking for a little input on what you guys think.

Thanks Guys...

Edited by built2rev

I replaced my original ski locker sac with a 705. It is a little on the large side and difficult to get it in there and laid out flat.

I also had a 704. This fits much easier but, will not give you quite as much volume.

One thing you need to realize is that the OEM plumbing fills the sac from the bow and drains from the stern end of the sack. The fly high sacs (704 and 705) have all the plugs on one end of the bag.

Pete,

thanks for the heads up. We actually ordered the 705 for the locker and added a couple new 1100's for the rear. Also adding some Johnson reversible pumps for the rear sacks.. Going to be a great upgrade

One thing you need to realize is that the OEM plumbing fills the sac from the bow and drains from the stern end of the sack. The fly high sacs (704 and 705) have all the plugs on one end of the bag.

Fly High changed the W705 a couple years ago and added the additional port on the top so that owners of older Malibu's and Mastercrafts could use the bag with their factory connection layout. Pictured is a Fly HIgh W705 (11005) with the extra port on the top shown.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=33815&stc=1&d=1390794643

The 705 will push the ski locker door up as it fills up. To stop it popping up, I laid a cheap piece of plexiglass (that is wider than the locker opening) on top of the sac but under the locker door.

• 5 years later...

My factory sac in the '03 WS23LSV is fine but the cover that it slide into has gotten brittle and cracking. I pull it out and clean it up every year when I winterize.

I guess theres no way to just replace the cover?