Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Finally delivered this evening

sgtsandbagger

Took delivery, lake tested and brought home tonight. It was interesting doing a late evening check ride but my dealer is a professional driver and the water was nice and flat. The XTI is way better than I expected. The big DD spins pretty good too. Thumbup.gif

My wife almost wouldn't take the boat back to the ramp. Shocking.gif

Took some pics after we got home tonight but they didn't turn out too great in the dark. I'll post some more after we try her out over the weekend.

post-574-1145590543_thumb.jpg

Congrats on the new boat. Can you expand on the cover a little? Is it towable, where you get etc.The boat looks good in the pics and can't wait to see it in the day time.

I think thats the same cover I'm getting - made by Commercial Sewing. It has vents in it that draw the cover down tight to the boat when towing, so yes, its meant to be a towing cover. I've seen them on a few boats and have been impressed, plus, the price was right on it. Its not Sunbrella, so it won't breathe like Sunbrella does, but I'm thinking that with the vents, it should be OK at not trapping moisture in.

I saw some of these covers on the Malibus at the dealer in Idaho this last weekend. The covers look good and use a strap around the boat just below the rub rail instead of the rope that some of the other brands use. They appear to fit well and must be weather resistant as all of this dealers boats sat outside.

The only downfall I see is that the have cut out for the cleats, and Malibu must not be consistent on the cleat location as none of them lined up with the cut outs. If I were to purchase one of these covers I would probably ask them to leave this off.

Ken

The new Malibu vacuum cover works great and sucks in super tight at highway speeds.

Surprised.gif

Would love to see more pics of the cover...also, what kind of cash do they want for the cover?

Yes, we need details on that cover. At a high level this appears to the answer to Rankin for Malibu. Although I have heard from many, including Rankin dealers that there is no such thing as a "trailering cover" only ones that aren't as bad to trailer with as the next.

Looking forward to more pics! Get out there and snap some!

The new Malibu vacuum cover works great and sucks in super tight at highway speeds.

Surprised.gif

I will be trying mine for the first time tonight.

The cover is $795.

Is is daylight in Oklahoma yet? WTF? Take some pictures!! Rockon.gif

Edited by Headhunter 2317
The cover is $795.

Did you get that quote from Commercial Sewing or the dealer?

I had some SeaDoo covers with the vacuhold and they worked great. I was always surprised to not see them on boat covers.

I might have to cancel my order with Rankin Surprised.gif

Nice!!! You should have had a beautiful evening for taking out a new boat!!! Did you go to Arcadia?

Arcadia was the lake. Todd and Laura took it out earlier in the day then Todd tok me and Cheri out late after work. The water was nice and over 75 degrees.

The cover is $795.

We were out late last night so I'll get some daylight pictures shortly. We put over 5 break-in hours on her so far.

Only a couple of minor problems; rear heat doesn't turn on and one of the front snorkles is stuck. Overall we're super impressed. Clap.gif Also the motor has some vibration noise at low speeds but it's not consistent. Todd will have to lokk it over at the 10 hour check-up.

It looks like LS-One has the cover pics "covered" in the Mods thread. Those are way better pics than I ever seem to take. Thanks for bailing me out!

Most of the pics we took at the lake were with one of my daughter's cameras but one daughter is at her house and the other is gone primping for prom.

Here's a pic of my wife and youngest girl enjoying the first drive. I'll try to take some better pics when we go out today.

LS-One's boat looks super simular to mine when the cover is on. For a minute I thought he took pics of my boat!

post-574-1145718711_thumb.jpg

Edited by sgtsandbagger

One with the cover.

She's pretty tall with the big tires/wheels and the straight axles. It's a long way to fall. I found that out the hard way, real hard!

Cry.gif

post-574-1145760412_thumb.jpg

WOW! I have never seen a solid colored boat before. That baby is sharp! Congrats.

Oh, and watch that last step, its a killer :)

If I do a solid color again it'll probably be White or Moonbeam! Dark Blue is going to be a pain to keep nice. Crazy.gif

There were some classic colored Sunscapes at the factory. They look really rich.