Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help

ajdouglas

I very rarely get behind the boat, (no driver), but when I do, sking is what it's all about. With my daughter and her friends, it's another story. Wakeboarding all the way.

I have a RLxi w/ wedge. The wake was fine for the last 2 years, but we NEED to go bigger. When she gets behind a boat in competions, shes awe struck.

So I'm looking Fat Sacs. Is there any difference between brands?

Launch Pad vs Skylon vs Fly High ....

What about the pumps?

Are the Sacs going to make much of a difference? Are they a pain? I like having the back seat out and the room this makes. With sacs, there won't be any room. :(

Look into the Fly High Pro Series X sacs. They are really the only way to go...easy connections and no covers. The Fly High pump (Tsunami) that is made to go with them is a pretty fast pump.

Sacs can make a huge difference in wake size. Throw a couple of either side of the engine and maybe one in the back and you're good to go!

jklein Posted Today, 04:11 PM

Maybe it's time to change hulls...

As my wife would tell me "Shut your mouth" ;) .

The thought has crossed my mind, but I just don"t see that happening.

Spend some time w/ a few fat sacks in your RLXi, and you'll probably change your tune quickly...

I mean you want your daughter to be happy... right? ;)

Spend some time w/ a few fat sacks in your RLXi, and you'll probably change your tune quickly...

As my dad did not realize, I also have an account here. and I think that fat sacs would be a great idea!

haha

As my dad did not realize, I also have an account here. and I think that fat sacs would be a great idea!

haha

You need to break out the "puppy dog" eyes, bat you eye lashes, and say the sweatest "pleeeeeeese" he's ever heard. You'll have a VLX in your garage in no time.

BTW: I've got a 5yo daughter that has made the above steps into an art form, if you need lessons.

haha

Try borrowing some sacs from someone you know first and decide what you like. If that is not a option then...

ProX sacs are the way to go, the best out there.

Talk your dad into test driving a V-drive Wakesetter then start working it and don't forget to start buttering up mom...Good Luck

If its anything like our family...get your mom on board and you will have a new boat by summer Biggrin.gif I don't know what an RLXi can do, but if you are in competitions I think you are going to need to load that thing down pretty good! We are running 1500lbs in sacs.

As my wife would tell me "Shut your mouth" ;) .

Good gor you. Stand firm.

The Fly High sacks have worked well for us over the last 4 years.

Malibudude Posted Today, 12:47 PM

QUOTE(ajdouglas @ Apr 20 2006, 01:19 PM)

As my wife would tell me "Shut your mouth" .

Good gor you. Stand firm.

The Fly High sacks have worked well for us over the last 4 years.

Glad to hear the sacks work well. I ordered sacs last night.

The $$$ and sense don't add up for me to be changing hulls.

What sacs did you buy? They will help a ton but with in the next yr it still won't be the wake that she needs to compet. The one good thing is if you do change hulls the sacs will help you out for surfing. Thumbup.gif

eDikTid2tHewAke Keep working Dad over with lots of hugs/kisses and telling him how great he is. Biggrin.gifYOU CAN DO IT