Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New wedge ??

Does anyone know which wedge is the right one for a 98' waksetter?

I bought one and they sent me the PRO WEDGE - I have looked at a few others and they look a little different?

Does anyone know the difference?

Looking at this 95' it is different than the one I have. Aren't the 95 and 98 the same SV23 hulls?

gallery_144_19_8592.jpg

Edited by R1LOVER

My understanding is that the one you have is for the non diamond hulls. The flat ones are for the diamond hulls, although before they invented angled one, all the boats got the flat one.

My understanding is that the one you have is for the non diamond hulls.  The flat ones are for the diamond hulls, although before they invented angled one, all the boats got the flat one.

Thank you, I sure hope your right..... Cheers.gif

My understanding is that the one you have is for the non diamond hulls.  The flat ones are for the diamond hulls, although before they invented angled one, all the boats got the flat one.

What he said is my opinion as well.

NO...that's the one for the Bayliner Challenger. That's why it says, "PRO" on it. It's for when they hold their PRO Tubing Events. Just ask the NUT...I think he's got one now.

Biggrin.gif

How can you tell which hull you have?.. I need to go look at that hull chart that got posted (I had a comment on it, but it was locked at the time)

You have a V25 hull Troy. Not sure which wedge ships with that, but I'd guess it's the standard flat wedge. The angled wedge is called the Wedge 23 to coincide with the SV23 hull (non Diamond).

I have the flat one too on the SV23 (NON diamond hull), but I bought mine before they had the angled wedge.

Troy: Having a non-diamond hull is a good thing if you're a wakeboarder.

On that hull chart, it shows the WLSV using the V25 from '01 through '05... didn't the hull # change in '04 when they added 3" to the beam and 6" to the length... and there was a step in the transom that went away betwee '02 and '03. Did that count as hull change?

oh- and that thread is locked, so how do we discuss issues? ... "if you have complaints - enter here: []" ;)

I think the difference between diamond and non-diamond is in the "chines".

Chines are little lips on the back part of the hull that actually push the hull up out of the water while the boat is on plane resulting in a better skiing wake (flatter).

However, for wakeboarding that's not a good thing because it makes it more difficult to push the hull down into the water. There's plenty of old threads in the old MBO about people complaining they weight the crap out of their newer Sunsetters but still can't create a good wakeboarding wake.

The SV23 non-diamond as well as the V25 I think don't have the chines thus are easier to push down and create a bigger wake.

They do have chines, just not "down turned" chines. If you look at the back of an SV23 diamond hull, it's shaped somewhat like this (forgive my lack of ascii-art skills).

\ /

\ /

\ _______________________ /

\/ \/

The diamond hulls also have a larger flat spot back by the rudder. Non-diamond hulls don't have the down-turned outer chines and have a smaller flat surface in the vicinity of the rudder.