Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

05 carpet stains

I remember a while back seeing some posts about yellow stains coming up from the carpet. i tried to search for it , but I couldn't find it. I just took my boat out of the garage and was messing around inside and I noticed all of the the carpet in the walking areas was visably yellowed. I had the carpet shampoed at my dealer a month or two ago and it was still wet when I brought it home, so I didn't really notice it. Out in the sun it is really noticeable. What is my recourse with this? Thanks

This was a big issue for the '05's, in fact the carpet for '06 is all new. I have heard of people getting new carpet, carpet inserts or carpets cleaned by dealers. You really need to start there and start documenting right of way in case you get some resistance. Good luck.

I got brownish colored stains. I just added a carpet saver to cover them up. Not like Malibu is going to do much for this. Try shampooing again and leaving it in the sun all day. It is the glue seeping through. Make sure it is a good 80 degrees so it dries fast.

Talk with your dealer, I just had them clean mine over the winter with there special cleaning fluid. The factory is making a carpet saver to match the 05 color and style, they also offered to change the carpet if I wanted or if the stains came back.

I recently got this PM from somebody on another site in regards about a thread on the same subject. Maybe it will help some out.

Hey man, I recently sent an e-mail to [email protected] regarding the carpet stains showing up on my '05 VLX. They willingly acknowledged the problem and told me the cause of the stains were a negative reaction to hydrogen peroxide (common in most cleaners) and heat. They said Malibu has since worked with the carpet manufacturer--R&R(?)--to develop a powder substance to counteract the staining and keep the carpet clean. Hope I was of some help.

I've been thinking about getting a carpet saver, but am unsure if it may be more maintenance than I want to deal with.

I have an appointment to drop my boat off toaday for some other issues. I will let them know what I know about the issue. Hopefully it will go smoothly. Thanks Crew.

Talk with your dealer, I just had them clean mine over the winter with there special cleaning fluid. The factory is making a carpet saver to match the 05 color and style, they also offered to change the carpet if I wanted or if the stains came back.

Malibu offered to change the carpet? I have the same problem but they are saying that they have not heard of this carpet problem.

Malibu offered to change the carpet? I have the same problem but they are saying that they have not heard of this carpet problem.

Is it that your dealer or Malibu hasn't heard of the problem? I believe that Malibu knows of the problem because our dealer had the same problem on his own personal boat last year. His service department had ordered new carpet from Malibu that would match from a different supplier. After talking with the owner, he didn't know that service was going to change the carpet, both of us thought that would be to difficult of a job for them to do and look good. He ended up calling the factory and getting a carpet saver for me under warranty just incase the cleaning didn't take of the problem fully. I would talk with your dealer again and go to Malibu if all else fails. Good luck.

Well, I talked to them today and things went well. They said that this was a common issue and they are aware of it. They told me that Malibu is telling them to re- shampoo the carpet with a different chemical and see what happens, If it is still there they said Malibu would replace the carpet or offer a free carpet saver, to my preference. After Discussing it with them I decided I don't want the carpet replaced being that the whole boat would need to be gutted to do this. I don't believe it would ever be the same after that, so i think I would rather just have the insert. They seemed very positive and there was actually another guy picking his up for the same issue.

Well, I talked to them today and things went well. They said that this was a common issue and they are aware of it. They told me that Malibu is telling them to re- shampoo the carpet with a different chemical and see what happens, If it is still there they said Malibu would replace the carpet or offer a free carpet saver, to my preference. After Discussing it with them I decided I don't want the carpet replaced being that the whole boat would need to be gutted to do this. I don't believe it would ever be the same after that, so i think I would rather just have the insert. They seemed very positive and there was actually another guy picking his up for the same issue.

Bawshogg, where did you take your boat? are you in Nor Cail.?

Bawshogg, where did you take your boat? are you in Nor Cail.?

I am near Portland Or. I took it to Bridge city watersports.

• 2 weeks later...

I just thought I would chime in on this subject. I recently sent an email to Malibu and got a simialr response to the one posted by Greg about the carpet stains on 2005 models.

Here is what they said:

"We have been given a cleaning solution from R&R Carpet that was developed to have a reverse effect of the staining on the 2005 carpet. The staining that was taking place on the 2005 carpet was a reaction the carpet was going through when Hydrogen Peroxide was introduced to the carpet, which can be found in almost every type of cleaner. The solution given to Malibu for our customers will reverse this reaction. If you can supply myself with you address, I would be more than happy to send you a bottle of the cleaning solution at no charge. I would also like to know which Malibu Dealer you purchased your Malibu from and if you have contacted them regarding this situation. I look forward to hearing from you."

We have a carpet saver already, but even the carpet in the storage areas has nasty brown stains. Hopefully this cleaner will help. If not, then I guess we'll see what the next course of action needs to be.

I have an 05 Rlxi with no stains at all. Has anyone found a cleaner that they use that does not cause the brown stains or is the powder the only type we should use?

I wonder why they say that cleaners bring out those stains?! I thought most mentioned these stains possibly being from bad glue under the carpet. I ask because we have never used a cleaning product on the carpet but still have those dark brown stains everywhere.

I don't buy it being carpet cleaner (and other cleaning materials) that bring out the stains... I had them in my 05, especially in the storage areas, and I never used any kind of cleaners on the carpets at all. Oh well, at least it wasn't in very visible areas, on my boat at least. The carpet on the new 06 seems very nice though....

I do not buy into the carpet cleaner causing it either. I have never once washed our carpet in our boat and have the stains primarily in the walkthrough. I noticed it when the there has been something sitting in one spot for a period of time while the carpet was damp. Example, left the cooler in the boat overnight and came out the next morning and there was a nice brown square on the carpet in that spot. I found out that if you wet the carpet down and then vacuum with a wet/dry shop vac and then let it sit in direct sunlight to dry they well go away, but some spots come right back after a day on the water.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey first post on the site. This topic is stagnant but I was searching the site for the specific reason of carpet stains on my 05 RLXI. Waterski America here in Dallas jsut told me to clean it with the 303 carpet cleaner that they sell. I noticed that the majority of ya'll had your carpets cleaned by the dealer. What would ya'll suggest I do?

I find your site looking fro info on the WOW here in Texas. I am about 2 hours from that spot. Every time I have driven passed there I said to myself that would be a perfect spot.