Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tower Color and Heat in AZ

waterTK

I have pretty much narrowed my search down to the Titan II or III.

I would pretty much prefer black but am afriad it will get very HOT our here in Arizona. Probably so much so that you can't touch it in July and August. I have noticed an awful lot of you guys and gals have black. Any thoughts??

I also hear it is smarter to go darker (w/bemini) to keep more sunlight out and keep it from looking dirty without washing it every time out. Opinions here?

waterTK

No problems with a black TII even in 120 degree weather at Lake Havasu. ( Lean against a hand rail if you want to know what HOT really is!) Shocking.gif

Lighter color bimini not only shows dirt more easily, but doesn't block out sunlight as well as darker colors. (My bimini has 3 colors, including a white center panel.)

I have the Titan II and its powdercoated dark green... Although its not black, its pretty dark and it gets pretty hot in TX. I have never had a problem with it getting hot to the touch.

I’d suggest going w/ lighter biminy color as the darker color makes it much warmer underneath. Mine is two colored w/ mocha on the ends and midnight blue in the middle. I’ve never had a problem w/ dirt as I cover it while trailering. I’d suggest putting 303 fabric guard on it to repell the water. I’ve got a black Titan I and in the hot summer heat haven’t had a big problem with it.

I’d suggest going w/ lighter biminy color as the darker color makes it much warmer underneath.

Dude, I'm calling BS on that statement!!! Bash.gif

I've had a dark bimini since day one and the shade under it is just as cool as any other color.

As for the tower color. a black tower, which I have, will burn a little if your not careful in the high temp areas. But I think any tower will feel hot in the Arizona sun. I just wouldn't worry about it too much and get the color which will look the best to you.

I’d suggest going w/ lighter biminy color as the darker color makes it much warmer underneath.

I've had a dark bimini since day one and the shade under it is just as cool as any other color.

As for the tower color. a black tower, which I have, will burn a little if your not careful in the high temp areas. But I think any tower will feel hot in the Arizona sun. I just wouldn't worry about it too much and get the color which will look the best to you.

First off I can't remember yours specifically, you never have it on Tongue.gif but Brad has black biminy and dang it gets hot under that thing, granted it's lower since it's not on a tower.

Having lived in AZ I would concur...... everything except white will be hot to the touch.