Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

100 Degree Rule

candle-bu

I'm on the 180 degree rule...lol

You've been spending too much time in your hot tub again Crazy.gif

Perhaps I should turn it down from 104..lol

I think we're close to your rule... Supposed to be 102 in Dallas today! Thumbup.gif

That sounds good :lol:

Water temp last night 39

Air temp 67

total of 107

Still a little chilly but well worth it

You've been spending too much time in your hot tub again Crazy.gif

Perhaps I should turn it down from 104..lol

I think we're close to your rule... Supposed to be 102 in Dallas today! Thumbup.gif

That sounds good :lol:

I wouldn't call it a rule, necessarily, but our "typical" summer boating is air 105-110 + water 80-84. You do the math. Cheers.gif

Of course, we have to drive 5 hours to get there. Cry.gif

Edited by 247_Pilot

Granbury

Sun-95 air, 72 water

Mon-101 air, 74 water (all the ladies were burnt after a day on the water)

Cold front coming tonight, only going to be highs in the upper 70's the rest of the week.

Cold front coming tonight, only going to be highs in the upper 70's the rest of the week.

You want this one Jack? Aw, nevermind - I'll take care of it...

:biteme: Ronnie.

:)

You want this one Jack? Aw, nevermind - I'll take care of it...

:biteme: Ronnie.

:)

Jerry, thanks for taking care of my light-work. :lol:

I live by Edwin's "If the Water is Not Frozen" rule, heretofore known as IWNF. I bet even 'ole Tommy Boy couldn't Google® that one. My water this morning was so glassy, however, that it almost LOOKED frozen.

Now that is a pretty picture! I'm still waiting to see our lake look like that even once this year. Friggin wind always seems to be around... Mad.gif

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I should have taken a picture five minutes later. No skiing for me today. Cry.gif

Todays temp of 68* has been the hottest of the year :( and the water on the river is hovering around 41* Cry.gif

We may hit 70 today & tomorrow & I can't tell you how happy everyone in town is. Just to see & feel the sun again.... Yahoo.gif We're playing hooky today & heading to the lake after lunch. Water temps will probably be in the mid-50's, but just to be on the boat in the sun again, without tons of layers of clothes on, priceless. Rockon.gif

Well, we crossed the combined 100 degree marker (water 48deg, air 57 deg) and I was in the water yesterday. Some people said it would be crazy to not wear a drystuit, but it was totally tolerable in a 3/2 fullsuit. Got the shivers sitting around at cruising speeds, but riding and getting dunked weren't a problem. I supose a 3/4 fullsuit might have been cozier, but it's nothing a dip in the hottub afterwards couldn't cure.