Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Grime Off Hull Is There an Easy Way

Im trying to get the yellowy coloured grime off the hull of my boat after a season of skiing.Im using a cut and polish to remove it but its fairly slow.Is there an easier way?thinking of trying CLR would this be OK?

The results will amaze you. Just be sure and wear some kitchen gloves and a set of safety glasses, the stuff burns pretty good. Nothing horrible, but it can get annoying after a while.

Tony's Topical Toilet Tonic®

Yep, my many years spent in the lab turned out one good product!

Retail Value = $99.99

The Malibu Crew price = $FREE

Instructions: Mix 50/50 Lysol Toilet Bowl (the blue liquid gel) and hydrogen peroxide into a spray bottle. Mix only the amount you will use at a time. The mixture will not keep. Spray on boat and watch stain dissapear! Rub with a rag if so desired then spray off with hose.

Wear saftey glasses and rubber gloves. Dont' breathe, lick, or drink solution, keep away from kids and pets. And my officical disclaimer:

Disclaimer: Warning you are mixing two chemicals together. Please use extreme caution and safety when working with any type of chemicals. Follow manufactures warnings printed on each product. As the supplier of the mixture contents I can not be held liable for any misuse or damage caused by these products. Always try using the product in a small inconspicuous area first. If effects are not as desired stop using product. For use on gel coated fiberglass only. Does not work on aluminum or painted boat hulls. Does not remove rust stains. Does not work on Salt Water stains. Use at your own risk.

It does work very well, but be careful. I knocked over a bucket and it stained my trailer and drive way.

I thought that was the 303? Biggrin.gif

It does work very well, but be careful. I knocked over a bucket and it stained my trailer and drive way.

I thought that was the 303? Biggrin.gif

That was in the garage. Yeah...2 left hands here. Crazy.gif

We have used just a regular toilet bowl cleaner called snow bowl and it seems to work fine. No harsh chemicals or worrying about it staining your trailer. I suggest trying it.

• 1 month later...

Aneal000:

Will your formula mess up the carpet or paint on the trailer? I know you can't make any guarantees, just curious about your experience.

Thx

Aneal000:

Will your formula mess up the carpet or paint on the trailer? I know you can't make any guarantees, just curious about your experience.

Thx

I've never had any problem with the trailer paint or bunk carpets using the Tonic. I do however make sure that I rinse it all off completely.

I've never had any problems with the trailer or trailer/bunk carpet. If you put it in a a spray bottle you will be less likely to knock it over and it will be easier to apply. It only takes a second to actually work on the boat so if you are real worried spray it on wrinse it off, keep the hose going and spray down the trailer often. I never had to do this, but it would be an option for the anal people.

I never had to do this, but it would be an option for the anal people.
Shocking.gif

Am I that transparent? :)

Thanks again! My wife raided Target last night so we should be good to go when the boat gets back from the fabricator.

• 11 months later...
Tony's Topical Toilet Tonic®

Yep, my many years spent in the lab turned out one good product!

Retail Value = $99.99

The Malibu Crew price = $FREE

Instructions: Mix 50/50 Lysol Toilet Bowl (the blue liquid gel) and hydrogen peroxide into a spray bottle. Mix only the amount you will use at a time. The mixture will not keep. Spray on boat and watch stain dissapear! Rub with a rag if so desired then spray off with hose.

Wear saftey glasses and rubber gloves. Dont' breathe, lick, or drink solution, keep away from kids and pets. And my officical disclaimer:

Disclaimer: Warning you are mixing two chemicals together. Please use extreme caution and safety when working with any type of chemicals. Follow manufactures warnings printed on each product. As the supplier of the mixture contents I can not be held liable for any misuse or damage caused by these products. Always try using the product in a small inconspicuous area first. If effects are not as desired stop using product. For use on gel coated fiberglass only. Does not work on aluminum or painted boat hulls. Does not remove rust stains. Does not work on Salt Water stains. Use at your own risk.

This stuff is a miracle cleaner! I had some serious yellow stains on my hull and with a dose of this solution in a spray bottle, it came right off with little or no effort. I rinsed with water and dried and now I am going to put two coats of wax on and call it a day. Thanks for a great idea for cleaning your hull! Thumbup.gif

Im trying to get the yellowy coloured grime off the hull of my boat after a season of skiing.Im using a cut and polish to remove it but its fairly slow.Is there an easier way?thinking of trying CLR would this be OK?

Any cleaner made of oxalic acid.

Incredible hull cleaner. Spray on and watch the algae , slime & discoloration slide off.

It's available as a Deck wash (wood decks) or as a hull cleaner and barnacle remover.

May etch metals, great on fiberglass.

Try SnoBol toilet bowl cleaner. It's the only thing that worked on mine. I tried just about everything that was suggested on this site, but SnoBol is the one I use now. It's pretty caustic, so keep it away from the teak swim platform and try not to get it on plastic (i.e. pitos for the speedo)