Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wake Surfboard

Greg_S

I want to buy a Hyperlite Broadcast 5 ft 6 in Wake Surfboard and need to know if it will fit in my Skylon board rack. I'd rather not buy a surfer specific rack if I don't need to.

Greg

The new 6'1" Landlock is too thick but the previous 5'6" ones will fit just fine in wakeboard racks.

Phaze 5 icon fits

trickboardz fits

Heck both of those fit in the LSV trunk.

Skylon does make wider forks for the racks that will accommodate most surfboards

I just got off the phone with someone at Buywake.com and they said that neither(Landlock or broadcast) would fit in a standard wakeboard rack. Does anyone have the 2004 landlock that could verify this? Thanks.

Greg,

I am not sure about that board, but I have a CWB Ride, and it fits in my Skylon racks fine. Snug, but soes not need to be forced.

BTW - Congrats on the new boat! When am I going to see you at San V?

Buzz

I added skylon wakeboard racks to the top of my Swoop tower.

In these racks I carry

1 HL Landlock 5'6"

1 Broadcast 4'8"

1 trickboardz

1 Phaze5 Icon

The only issue is the length of the Landlock fins not the thickness of the board. but since its much longer than the others its easy to fit them in.

I changed the wakeboard forks on the batracks on the sides of my tower to Skylon surfboard forks to carry the new 6'1" Lanlock and a Clyde Beaty Jr 6' twin fin (ocean surfboard)

When we get some new wakeboards (they were stolen this winter) the trickboardz and Phaze5 will go in the trunk along with the Cassette wakeskate.

Oh and I have had Caleb's brand new Broadcast in my wakeboard rack.

We took his one day instead of mine cuz I have modified my fins.

I added a fin to the nose (like the CWB Ride) to help on 180s and took the 2 outside fins off the rear leaving only the center fin - I like things a little unstable.

But bottom line the '04 or '05 Broadcast fit so they were at least wrong about that and as far as I know the only changes in the '04 Landlock was graffics and "arch supports" on the decking.

Brad,

I'll be out there soon. I'll send a pm when I go, it would be nice to meet some other Bu owners. My San Diego 'Crew' consists of my wife and 2 younger kids which makes weekday and early weekend San V trips hard. I've had the several hour wait at the bottom of the hill and the tribe get restless.

If you are ever interested in going to Vail, let me know.

Greg

Greg

Y'all gotta come see us if you're out this way.

We've got a cozy party slip in the marina and spend most every weekend there.

And Vail sounds great - just tough to get more than a weekend away.

Hopefully my latest ventures will get me more time away from the store.

I kind of face planted on that one. It was directed at Buzz, but i just had some friends move to Austin and if we make it out there this year i will look you up!

Greg

My 04 landlock does not fit in the standard wakeboard rack but, so I use my MK Wave wakeboard/Kneeboard rack for my landlock. Biggrin.gif

Edited by rod r