Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New LSV Finally Home

G-Pac

The dealer completed all prep work and we were able to pick the new LSV up this weekend. I made some very specific requests for installing the Optima Blue Tops, the sub and enclosure, new Sony remote, the EQ and the battery switch and our local dealer CHESSIE MARINE SALES (Elkton Maryland) did an AMAZING job.

The boat is perfect, the dealer installed equipment is spot on, and the stereo ABSOLUTELY ROCKS.

I am having trouble containing my satisfaction and excitement.

New pics in a new album on PHOTOBUCKET can be seen here:

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b221/G-p...nal%20Delivery/

or

LSV FInal Delivery Pics Link

I have included some pics of the following:

Trailer Security Steps we take

ARC AUDIO Amp, EQ, Sub, and 6.5 inch speaker (x4) install by dealer

Optima Blue Top custom install

New Sony Remote Install

Perko Battery Switch Install by dealer

I will also post a stereo spec list in the appropriate forum.

Thanks to many of you for the great advice and input in selecting the right options and accessories. With the help of this community I was able to make some good (sometimes slow and painful) decisions as a result of the valuable information sharing and networking that goes on.

Now we just need a little warmer water for our first pull!!!

CHEERS

G-Pac

That's real nice, congrats! What do you think of the Arc Audio Eq?

I really like it more than I thought I would. Since I did not decide on tower speakers yet, I did not think it was all that critical, but the sub hits so hard/loud that I need to lower it at higher volumes and the EQ allows for that very quickly and easily. I also have the 4 Arc speakers set up on the fader and the bow speakers (stock Kickers) on a separate channel since you cannot hear them with the sound up and the front window closed and wind screen in. I debated a lot about where to put the EQ and am also pleased with the location now that I have played around with it. Real test will be a day of driving/riding. The dealer suggested the EQ if I am planning on buying towers speakers and I think he was correct. Now I just need to figure that one out. Stay tuned.

G-Pac-

Congrats on the new ride! It looks pretty sweet Thumbup.gif

One thing though, I would cover up those posts on the batteries....

Edited by stewart
Is that were they are putting the batteries from the factory now?

I'm guessing not since he has the blue top batteries, and I don't think the factory puts these in standard.

G-Pac-

Thanks Stewart, been working on that little project the last day or so and hope to have it resolved before we get on the water again. Good call!!

Have you posted pics of your new ride yet?!?! Looking forward to seeing it.

G-Pac

Nice looking ride! One question. What is on the transom to the left of the wedgie? Stupid.gif

That is part of the saltwater package, designed to better manage the effects of elctrolysis by drawing it away from the underwater gear and to that plate you see (good eye)....at least according to Malibu. I ride a good amount in brackish water and wanted to protect from the salt as much as possible. A fairly inexpensive option, but delayed the boat delivery since the parts were back-ordered.

G-Pac

Is that were they are putting the batteries from the factory now?

I'm guessing not since he has the blue top batteries, and I don't think the factory puts these in standard.

Correct, this battery install is a mod. I requested that they run the battery cable and switch at the factory and then had the dealer extend the wires, relocate the switch and mount the optimas where you see them in the pics.

G-Pac

Awesome G-Pac - cover those posts!

I am working on that, but now that I have been thinking it through...I am planning on building a wooden barrier to extend out from the port side bulkhead and then around the tops of the batteries (which are facing to starboard) in a sort of "L" shape. I was going to carpet this barrier and let it go at that.

Do any of you know if this would be sufficient arc protection?

As I think about it now, I am wondering if I actually have to cover the terminal posts with the black/red plastic covers that are commonly used on batteries. Apparently, b/c they ran 2 cables to each post, the standard plastic covers would not fit, according to the dealer...

Any thoughts on this are appreciated...

G-Pac

G-Pac-

Thanks Stewart, been working on that little project the last day or so and hope to have it resolved before we get on the water again. Good call!!

Have you posted pics of your new ride yet?!?! Looking forward to seeing it.

G-Pac

I posted some pictures HERE

Hopefully I'll get it late next week.

Awesome G-Pac - cover those posts!

I am working on that, but now that I have been thinking it through...I am planning on building a wooden barrier to extend out from the port side bulkhead and then around the tops of the batteries (which are facing to starboard) in a sort of "L" shape. I was going to carpet this barrier and let it go at that.

Do any of you know if this would be sufficient arc protection?

As I think about it now, I am wondering if I actually have to cover the terminal posts with the black/red plastic covers that are commonly used on batteries. Apparently, b/c they ran 2 cables to each post, the standard plastic covers would not fit, according to the dealer...

Any thoughts on this are appreciated...

G-Pac

I would still cover them, that's not something to do halfway IMO. I have multiple cables going to each battery & was able to find some covers that covered both the main & accessory posts. I had to do a little modification to them to get all of the cables to fit inside, but it works.

I have the same question lakenut did. In the first photobucket pic what's the white oval shaped thing?

Is it part of the closed loop cooling? It looks like a reflector. kk...