Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

ballast project update

Chia

the water comes into the manifold on the right from a jabsco 1800gph pump and water is drained by another jabsco 1800gph pump from the left side of the manifold.

Lines go the the pro x 750's in each bin, to the pro x tube sac under the bench seat, to the pro x integrated bow sac and to a flexable 3/4 inch hose that comes out one of the engine compartment vents at the back of the boat to fill a pro x v-drive sac on top of the bin.

the plumbing is not totally completed and the wiring has to be done yet (I do have a wiring diagram though).

When I flip a switch(s) up it will turn on the fill pump and open the valve(s) for the sac or sacs I want to fill. To drain flip the switch(s) down it will turn on the drain pump and open the valve(s) for the sac or sacs I want to drain.

One line to each sac. drain and fill thru the bottom of the sac.

manifold6402.jpg

manifold6401.jpg

Edited by Cervelo

Nice looking manifold.

I notice you say you have only one line going to each sack to drain and fill. How are you going to deal with purging air out and venting for overflow?

Nice looking manifold.

I notice you say you have only one line going to each sack to drain and fill. How are you going to deal with purging air out and venting for overflow?

good question. i think there are a couple of options. 1) suck all the air out of the bag with the shop vac and leave it like that. the water will expand the bag to full size like water into a balloon. or 2) probably the better option, Run some 3/8 or 1/2 inch id tubing from the top of the sac to the 3/4 inch pvc drain line. with this option i would not have to watch the sac when it fills, I would hear water coming out the drain hole on the side of the boat.

Edited by Cervelo

Whoa! Hey I was replanning my backyard sprinkler system and I was wondering.....if.....well, ahhh nevermind.

All kidding aside, that looks like a sweet setup for switch controlled ballast. I was wondering about the venting also but it sounds like you got a plan now. Show us more when you can.

Nice looking manifold.

good question. i think there are a couple of options. 1) suck all the air out of the bag with the shop vac and leave it like that. the water will expand the bag to full size like water into a balloon. or 2) probably the better option, Run some 3/8 or 1/2 inch id tubing from the top of the sac to the 3/4 inch pvc drain line. with this option i would not have to watch the sac when it fills, I would hear water coming out the drain hole on the side of the boat.

On the stock systems that I've seen, they y or t the overflow into the fill line & it acts to relieve back pressure when the sack gets full. Not the best IMO, but it will work either if you don't have a separate thru-hull for overflow or a third valve on the bag.

Nice looking manifold.

On the stock systems that I've seen, they y or t the overflow into the fill line & it acts to relieve back pressure when the sack gets full. Not the best IMO, but it will work either if you don't have a separate thru-hull for overflow or a third valve on the bag.

that system of "t"ing the overflow back into the fill line seems odd. I must be missing something. the pump is drawing water from the lake into the bag then the overflow goes back into the fill line along with even more water that is being pumped in from the lake? where does any air go? Overfilling could be a concern, no? Malibu must have a reason for doing this, I am sure they considered all the options, so why this way?

i think i like the idea of a separate thru-hull for the overflow.

Where did you get the asco RED HAT valves?? How much were they?? Are they the 8210G95??

Thanks

LT

Edited by lake texoma
Where did you get the asco RED HAT valves?? How much were they?? Are they the 8210G95??

Thanks

LT

the valves are from ebay. some guy had a whole whack of them. they are the 8210G95 and i paid between $17.00 and $20.00 each for them.