Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ahhhhh

Headhunter 2317

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headhunter 2317

• VinRLX

• lake_bum83

• 88Skier

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

we had our first outing here in omaha friday with the new boat pictures would not load onto our laptop the new pictures will be coming shortley our air temp on friday was 92 and water temp was 68 degres my wife braved the cold water not me i drove

We supposed to get some rain here in the next few days but it's supposed to clear out by Saturday late AM.

The wife is going out with the girls Saturday so hmmmmmmm...

I wonder what I can do to kill some time ...............

AAAHHH is right.. we went for first comfortable runs yesterday, and man I just felt alive. Adrenaline is a great chemical dont know why you cant buy it.

Skied Friday, Saturday, and Sunday this week-end. Yahoo.gif Friday was nice. Sun was out, air was upper 60's, water lower 60's...lamented not having the shorties (only had the drysuits with us). Yesterday was a bit cooler with air in the low 60's, water had dropped to 59*, and it was cloudy. Today started OK. Air ~ 60*, water down to 56*, but we still had the lake to ourselves... :) ...Then it clouded up and started looking really dark. In the middle of my 3rd set it started raining. Cry.gif Big raindrops hurt your eyeballs. Cry.gif Oh well, it was the third day straight of skiing so I guess I shouldn't complain too loudly. Biggrin.gif

Edited by NorCaliBu
Skied Friday, Saturday, and Sunday this week-end. Yahoo.gif Friday was nice. Sun was out, air was upper 60's, water lower 60's...lamented not having the shorties (only had the drysuits with us). Yesterday was a bit cooler with air in the low 60's, water had dropped to 59*, and it was cloudy. Today started OK. Air ~ 60*, water down to 56*, but we still had the lake to ourselves... :) ...Then it clouded up and started looking really dark. In the middle of my 3rd set it started raining. Cry.gif Big raindrops hurt your eyeballs. Cry.gif Oh well, it was the third day straight of skiing so I guess I shouldn't complain too loudly. Biggrin.gif

Most excellent! Don't you love that good soreness in your upper back? Unfortunately, this weekend I had to pay the fiddler (CFO) YARDWORK the whole weekend. Cry.gif It was 80 or so with the sun blaring. All I thought about was being in the boat........

Edited by Headhunter 2317

Got back at it yesterday morning with Edwin. Had not been in the water since January 1st. Got all the skiing in that I could handle before some dark clouds rolled in.

Props to Edwin and his calipers....a little more tip on the ski and I was a new person.

2 weekends ago I got to go out with a friend and do some boarding. Good fun, but I really felt like summer had started this weekend when I got to get out the slalom for a few runs on saturday and one on sunday morning. Air was about 75, water about 60. Threw on the rash guard both weekends and was good to go. Ahhh....summer is here.

Oh, come on Toast and Obski. With a boat that gorgoues you've gotta be out, at least to let your Bu shine. The water was 56 degrees Sat and 58 Sun. We took out on the river here in Newberg. Once you jumped in it wasn't to bad. I used a 2/1 wetsuit shorty and stayed pretty comfortable. Even my 4 and 6 year old boys were tubing without wetsuits Notworthy.gif I hope to see ya'll soon.

I live just north of Atlanta close to I-75. We've been on the water a few times this year but as of late, the weather has not been so great. Mid 50's and very windy today.

Three of us went skiing today in Lake Norman, NC. Water temps are in the comfortable high 60's but the air was a little cool. We've been skiing since April 1st. Sometimes twice a day on the weekend and at least twoce during the week. It's an addiction The '05 Response Lxi is a beauty to ski behind.

I took the boat out for the first time yesterday. I've never been in a ski boat in April. The air was 60 and the water 46. No takers for skiing or boarding.

We had our Club Champs on Sunday, late for us but the boys are still keen and the water temp is still at 66F.

AliCranking.jpg

Alistair is coming on in leaps & bounds and the price of gas is surely having an impact as boat speeds have increased.

What's that I hear? Wait for it. . .

. . .W. . .Wu. . .Wuss! Wuss! Wuss! It's the WUSS ALARM!

We don't own wet suits like you. Once the water hits 50 we're good to go. Biggrin.gif

What's that I hear? Wait for it. . .

. . .W. . .Wu. . .Wuss! Wuss! Wuss! It's the WUSS ALARM!

We don't own wet suits like you. Once the water hits 50 we're good to go. Biggrin.gif

Ok, that's more like the hearty New Englander I've come to know. :)

Last year 14 yo Son wanted his first ride on slalom. He jumps in the water, probably 50 with just his bathing suit expecting the slack to be quickly taken up. Low and behold there's a knot in the rope. He was pretty disappointed about that delay.