Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ahhhhh

Headhunter 2317

We played hooky from work Friday and spent the whole day at Lake Lanier. A friend has a lakehouse that she let us use so we set up camp for grilling and proceeded to get wet.

The water was a balmy 64 degrees and the air was about 85. The shorty suit worked just fine.

Two nice long runs with NO FALLS. Fear of falling into cold water helps pull out those shaky landings.

We called it a day about 5PM when everyone was a sufficiently sunburned.

I got up early this morning to go outside to wash the boat and truck. Having coffee early while washing

"The Other Woman" was great. This is the best time of year. Yahoo.gif

Does anyone else love that soreness that you get in your uppper back after the first day out? Reminds you of your age.......

We are out on it again tomorrow!!

Edited by Headhunter 2317
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headhunter 2317

• VinRLX

• lake_bum83

• 88Skier

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds like a perfect Spring day!

You're a few weeks ahead of some of us in the NW -- but certainly helped continue the anticipation for me of getting our first runs in. (Least I can enjoy hearing about your runs. . . )

Thanks!

We got in our first runs of the year this afternoon!! That feeling is Wonderful! Water was 60 degrees and air 84. summer is coming!! Biggrin.gifBiggrin.gifBiggrin.gif

Sounds like you had a great day. We are finally getting a break from this bizaar wet weather on Monday and we're planning to do the same thing you did. Probably won't be as warm as yours but I'll take it.

I'm so jealous. The water here is still frozen. At best we're a month away from getting on the water and the temps will be low 50's at best by then.

The water was 64? Here in SC, Keowee is at 70º

I don't want to speak for Joe, but can't help myself. Lake Lanier is one of the largest lakes east of the Mississippi. It has over 500 miles of shoreline and depths of 500 ft. It takes a long time for big lakes to warm up. My 2 cents

Just came in from catching for my daughter (she's learning to pitch fast-pitch softball). It was 36º and started to snow lightly. I think the water temp plus air temp would be less than your air temp!

But I'm not bitter. No.....not at all!

The water was 64? Here in SC, Keowee is at 70º

I don't want to speak for Joe, but can't help myself. Lake Lanier is one of the largest lakes east of the Mississippi. It has over 500 miles of shoreline and depths of 500 ft. It takes a long time for big lakes to warm up. My 2 cents

It certainly did not FEEL 70. Unless my water temp gauge is malfunctioning.

The water was a balmy 64 degrees and the air was about 85.

Two nice long runs with NO FALLS. Fear of falling into cold water helps pull out those shaky landings.

Congrats on the first outing!

But, I don't understand your comment... 64 deg and cold water in the same paragraph??? That doesn't make sense??? :lol:

Some of you guys are just plain spoiled. :) We got out yesterday for the first time, too. Water was around 45 and air around 60. I'd die for water in the mid 60's at this time of year.

Mike

Some of you guys are just plain spoiled. :) We got out yesterday for the first time, too. Water was around 45 and air around 60. I'd die for water in the mid 60's at this time of year.

Mike

Where at Mike? Was hoping to get on Pewaukee when it was still warm but now our temps have normalized again... Cry.gif

Well finally the season has begun.....water was 45 and the air was 45 but the conditions were calm....could not turn this opportunity down!!!

Took one set on Friday and two on Saturday. Now we are suppose to have rain all week, oh well. I got in the water and that is what counts!!

Reggie

Hey, water here this AM was a balmy 47°. However, with the ambient at 43° and the 34 MPH wind chill on my wet face. . .

But the wind was forecast to pick up (which it did) I figured I couldn't wait for the mercury get more friendly.

Hey, water here this AM was a balmy 47°. However, with the ambient at 43° and the 34 MPH wind chill on my wet face. . .

But the wind was forecast to pick up (which it did) I figured I couldn't wait for the mercury get more friendly.

Jack,

You just need to move by your mother to Florida. Our high was 90 Deg. and tonights low is 68.

John Biggrin.gif

First ride of the season. As you can see, my vertical leap was limited by my fear of douching out my warm suit with freezing water.

post-87-1145384003_thumb.jpg

I also went out for the first ride of the season. Air temp. 85 & water temp. 74 on lake Hartwell. Wind was blowing pretty bad and my knees where killing me by the end of the day.

But I had a great time ridding my New CWB Maruis. Oh but the new bindings were killing my right foot.

74 degree water? You are kidding me? Something is wrong with my water temp gauge. We'll see this weekend after a week of sunshine.