Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anybody SeaDeck a MXZ Yet?

Durty_Curt

Recently I've been emailing back n forth with a guy who wanted my honest review on the 2014 nautique 230. and my thoughts on the mxz. one of his draw backs with the mxz is the carpet floor compared to nautique now using SeaDeck. So after reading a thread on WakeWorld about people getting SeaDeck and or having custom SeaDeck done on there Sanger, Moomba, nautique, etc. it got me thinking about the MXZ line up with there removable carpet and fiberglass interior base. has anyone on here swapped out or thought of swapping out the carpet for some SeaDeck beneath their feet??

I havent seen any pics but there was some talk on here a little while ago about doing this. Not sure if it was on an MXZ though. I like the way it looks, but I want to se how it holds up before I would spend the money for that.

• 1 month later...

I didn't do the floor but have done most of the top side. Here is what I have done.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/31396-seadek-install/?hl=%2Bseadek+%2Binstall#entry528242

Seadek is also what is used on most of the swim platforms so,that should give you a good sense for wear. If anything the platform probably gets more abuse because of fins on boards and skis.

Kris

• 1 month later...

I've had both gray and brown. Love the sea deck. All I can tell you is spend a hot watersports day on a boat with sea deck and you will love it.

Don't worry about durability, stains or any of that. It's excellent.

It may function great, hold up well, no stain, stay cool, look good in pics and all that jazz. But I've seen the gray and tan and both just look cheap in person IMO. Its one of the things I don't like about the Nautiques. If I had to buy a boat with one, I'd choose the gray, but I'd rather not have it.

On the flip side, I LOVE it in the little areas; rear lockers, observers compartment, on the floors under the seats. I think it looks great in there, where you it is small and not directly viewable all the time. I guess I have a problem with the bigger pieces, such as the main floor and swim platform. I'm also not a fan of it on the bow.