Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Thoughts 2010 23LSV Wakesetter

Iboatlkn

Looking at a 2010 Wakesetter 23 LSV. It's listed over in classifieds. Monsoon 350 HP. 385 Hours. Looks like very good shape and well maintained.

What are the experts thought's and opinion on This year/boat. Is that a lot of hours if plan on keeping a while, ect. Price point ok?

The slalom wake sucks! :) I am at 329 hours with only a starter that had to be replaced due to dealer incompetence. I do have a Malivue issue concerning the stereo functions on the Malivue, but other than that it has been running like a champ. If it has been dealer maintained @ 50 hour oil change intervals (recommended = 8 changes) I wouldn't flinch about buying a boat with 384 hours. If it is the green one your asking about mine is decked out about the same, but with a few more bells and whistles. Love the walk over and snap out carpet, the factory RF speakers are all starting on their last legs due to "normal use" and UV degredation, but you get what you pay for with a factory stereo system. Great WB wake with factory ballast/wedge, just barely a surfable/enjoyable wave with the factory ballast and wedge. Add an 1100 in a corner, 750 on a seat and 3-400 in the bow and the surf wake rocks! I generally don't use the wedge anymore when I surf which is 90% of the time. I have the HA Acme 1235 prop and it is a must if you add more ballast or a similar prop for added ballast. Came from a 21' boat so the extra 2 feet and storage is great. Forgot to mention the 350 has done everything that I have asked of it without an issue. Granted it was struggling with a Acme 537, but after reproping to the 1235 it has been awesome for me.

Edited by wdr
  • Like 1

I recently sold my 2010 23 LSV at 300 hours knowing that I probably let go of the greatest boat ever. At 329 hours that boat you are considering is just starting to flex it's muscles. Now that I know what is available for 2014 I say BUY IT.....BUY IT RIGHT FREAKIN' NOW BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE WHO IS SMARTER THAN YOU DOES!!!!

Foot note....The 350 Monsoon is plenty of power if you get the 1235 prop.

The time to buy a Malibu boat is when you fall in love with one and you have a previous owner telling you to go for it!!!!

that price seems pretty good. I looked at one of the previous Icywakes boats that was for sale a few years ago and it was in great shape. it was not priced as good as this one or I might have bought it. I know the owners have a good relationship with the dealership so I would assume its been maintained well from that respect. go for it!

A couple nice 2010 LSV's out there. Take a look at mine in the classifieds and shoot me a message, 159hrs and about every option you can imagine plus some nice upgrades. I'll work with you, however the boat is flawless and meticulously maintained. Being here in Knoxville, TN and having a couple friends who work for Malibu never hurts. She is garage stored in the off season and on a covered lift during.

Good luck in your search, they are GREAT boats!

Put 520 hours on my 2010 before trading it this fall :( It was a great boat. The only issues we ever had were with the stereo/maliview. Sometimes the buttons glitched out and you wouldn't be able to adjust volume, power down, etc. I had the 350 with high alt prop. We would put a 750 in the bow and an 1100 on the floor on top of stock ballast for wakeboarding. That made for a fatty wake, but the stock wake is impressive as well! I was pretty sad to see it go, but having that many hours on it, the fam decided it was time to go. It's a great performing boat that has room for all the gear and friends you could ever want!

Put 520 hours on my 2010 before trading it this fall :( It was a great boat. The only issues we ever had were with the stereo/maliview. Sometimes the buttons glitched out and you wouldn't be able to adjust volume, power down, etc. I had the 350 with high alt prop. We would put a 750 in the bow and an 1100 on the floor on top of stock ballast for wakeboarding. That made for a fatty wake, but the stock wake is impressive as well! I was pretty sad to see it go, but having that many hours on it, the fam decided it was time to go. It's a great performing boat that has room for all the gear and friends you could ever want!

520 hours, that's solid! I put about 375hrs in 3 years on my old XSTAR, you must be riding day and night :) For anyone with the BlackBox stereo...I can't stand them! 1st thing I did was install a EXILE ZLD so I could easly control the volume and fade everyting easily. I always thought the touch screen Maliviews were finiky, but the 2010 I've never had an issue with.

520 hours, that's solid! I put about 375hrs in 3 years on my old XSTAR, you must be riding day and night :) For anyone with the BlackBox stereo...I can't stand them! 1st thing I did was install a EXILE ZLD so I could easly control the volume and fade everyting easily. I always thought the touch screen Maliviews were finiky, but the 2010 I've never had an issue with.

My buddies and I would all work in the summer and ride almost every day when we got off from early May-late August. One guy had a 210 nautique, the other a 24ft Supra, and I had the 23LSV. We would split time between the 3 of us and still ended up with this many hours. We've had some great summers!

• Like 1