Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

So it CAN be Done!

mrnate450r

I could understand how they could get the surfgate on there.... how hard could that be? The real weird thing about that ad is the Marine Power LS3 on a 2012, when Marine Power didn't debut in Malibus as an option till the 2014 model year.

(no pics of the motor of course)

Surf gate debuted on the MXZ in 2012. Not every MXZ came off the line with it, but it was the only model to get it in 2012. Surfgate was available to all the wakesetter series boats in 2013.

Edited by wakebrdr94

I dont think if the dealer had offered it when I purchased my MXZ, if I would have even gone for it then. There was little information if any as to what it did. The rumor mill didnt even spin up on it until what, fall of 2012?

• Like 1

They had it on boats in 2012 to test it. The mxz was actually the boat used in the original teaser videos so most likely you are seeing one of the test boats (or the boat as it says "one of a kind") that was either run by one of their pro riders or a Malibu employee. Seeing it also has a motor that wasn't offered until 2014 my guess is it was used by a rider like Grubb and the motor was installed last year to test it prior to offering it for sale.

They had one on the 2012 MXZ down here at my dealer. As saidanic mentioned, there was little info on it at the time. But it was first offered only on the MXZ in 2012.

It debuted at the RedBull wake open In 2012

Edited by wakebrdr94

I could understand how they could get the surfgate on there.... how hard could that be? The real weird thing about that ad is the Marine Power LS3 on a 2012, when Marine Power didn't debut in Malibus as an option till the 2014 model year.

(no pics of the motor of course)

Could have been an engineering test boat. :whistle: They get all the cool new toys way ahead. One of the perks of the job. :)

Very likely a prototype boat, I've known few people that own those. The strange thing is that it's not being sold by the factory, but by a dealer. Never seen that one before.

ONLY INBOARDS is NOT a Dealer!

He is a BROKER out of Illinois that uses ads of other peoples boats to sell....

But the Ad is from a dealer in Florida....

ONLY INBOARDS is NOT a Dealer!

He is a BROKER out of Illinois that uses ads of other peoples boats to sell....

But the Ad is from a dealer in Florida....

NO, actually it's just a classified site. You can list your boat there for sale if you want.

Also, this boat has the marine power LS3... They didn't offer that as the LS3 until the 2014s, but I know malibu has done some testing with the marine power LS3 before they put them in the lineup. Looks like this boat was the test subject for a few changes.

Also, this boat has the marine power LS3... They didn't offer that as the LS3 until the 2014s, but I know malibu has done some testing with the marine power LS3 before they put them in the lineup. Looks like this boat was the test subject for a few changes.

Lol, good point