Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
mrnate450r

So it CAN be Done!

shawndoggy

I could understand how they could get the surfgate on there.... how hard could that be? The real weird thing about that ad is the Marine Power LS3 on a 2012, when Marine Power didn't debut in Malibus as an option till the 2014 model year.

(no pics of the motor of course)

Levi900RR

Its gotta be some sort of late in the year demo.

DenverBu

The ad says, with no explanation:

Most Surfgate models started coming out in 2013, but we have this one of a kind with this game changing surf system.

wakebrdr94

Surf gate debuted on the MXZ in 2012. Not every MXZ came off the line with it, but it was the only model to get it in 2012. Surfgate was available to all the wakesetter series boats in 2013.

Edited by wakebrdr94

saidainc

I dont think if the dealer had offered it when I purchased my MXZ, if I would have even gone for it then. There was little information if any as to what it did. The rumor mill didnt even spin up on it until what, fall of 2012?

wakesetter8796

I'm guessing it was a leftover that they added surfgate to so it would spice up resale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baddog

Super secret test mule??

Wkerat

They had it on boats in 2012 to test it. The mxz was actually the boat used in the original teaser videos so most likely you are seeing one of the test boats (or the boat as it says "one of a kind") that was either run by one of their pro riders or a Malibu employee. Seeing it also has a motor that wasn't offered until 2014 my guess is it was used by a rider like Grubb and the motor was installed last year to test it prior to offering it for sale.

wakebrdr94

They had one on the 2012 MXZ down here at my dealer. As saidanic mentioned, there was little info on it at the time. But it was first offered only on the MXZ in 2012.

It debuted at the RedBull wake open In 2012

Edited by wakebrdr94

martinarcher

I could understand how they could get the surfgate on there.... how hard could that be? The real weird thing about that ad is the Marine Power LS3 on a 2012, when Marine Power didn't debut in Malibus as an option till the 2014 model year.

(no pics of the motor of course)

Could have been an engineering test boat. :whistle: They get all the cool new toys way ahead. One of the perks of the job. :)

shawndoggy

You've gotta chalk it up to malibu tho, to be able to turn on and off the transom reinforcement protocol boat by boat.

martinarcher

True. Never know though....some of our test rigs at work aren't exactly what gets shipped if you know what I mean. They could have done some modifications, or not. :dontknow:

skurfer

I think the dealer is saying it's a 2012 (It's a 2014) so they can post price! ? ! ?

Edited by skurfer

wakesetter8796

I find that hard to believe. It has 151 hours, and no surfgate horn. No 2014 graphics either.

skurfer

Although 151 hours in FL is like 2 weeks, it's probably a late 2012

WakeGirl

Very likely a prototype boat, I've known few people that own those. The strange thing is that it's not being sold by the factory, but by a dealer. Never seen that one before.

JB-FOOT

Very likely a prototype boat, I've known few people that own those. The strange thing is that it's not being sold by the factory, but by a dealer. Never seen that one before.

ONLY INBOARDS is NOT a Dealer!

He is a BROKER out of Illinois that uses ads of other peoples boats to sell....

But the Ad is from a dealer in Florida....

shawndoggy

ONLY INBOARDS is NOT a Dealer!

He is a BROKER out of Illinois that uses ads of other peoples boats to sell....

But the Ad is from a dealer in Florida....

NO, actually it's just a classified site. You can list your boat there for sale if you want.

JB-FOOT

Oh, OK, I always wondered what his real deal was...

tnsatbhs

Also, this boat has the marine power LS3... They didn't offer that as the LS3 until the 2014s, but I know malibu has done some testing with the marine power LS3 before they put them in the lineup. Looks like this boat was the test subject for a few changes.

shawndoggy

Also, this boat has the marine power LS3... They didn't offer that as the LS3 until the 2014s, but I know malibu has done some testing with the marine power LS3 before they put them in the lineup. Looks like this boat was the test subject for a few changes.

Lol, good point

Durty_Curt

what if the guy posting the add had a brain fart and put marine power ls3. completely forgetting that it actually had the 8.1 vortec inside...

Bobby Light

That would be really weird since indmar didn't offer that engine after 09 IIRC.