Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

1 piece electric hatch conversion to gas?

I saw another post of someone inquiring about changing their 1 piece electric opening hatch to a 1 piece manual shock, but the thread never seemed to take off. Has anyone ever done this? I don't want to convert the hatch into a 3 piece. Does anyone have a link to a shock that would work? Also, will it stay down when towing on the highway? Do I need a latch? If so, how do I install the latch without having to reupholster the hatch? Our boat is a 1999 vlx sunsetter for reference. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Buy 2 12-20" 60# shocks. Screw mounting hardware into fiberglass in back and then epoxy and screw aluminum plate squares to underside of hatch at mounting points. Then screw shock mounts to the alum plate. Very simple there are at least 3-4 topics on this forum showing how.