Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Flutuating cruise control

Hi everybody, just wondering if anybody else has had a problem with there cruise. I was running on a pre-set on the weekend at around 30 kms hour, on my new 2013 vlx, when we first took off the boat would race up to speed and sometimes overrun then it would drop down severely and it would continue in this way for about 5 or 6 cycles until it sorted itself out. I spoke to my dealer today and they had no answer for me. I also noticed that if I ran at a lower speed it would not do it. If anybody has any suggestions I would love to here them and appreciate any advice.

Cheers.

Im running the standard MLS with a Monsoon 350 a tractor prop with a diamond hull. I had this on the last boat and it seemed to work ok only the boat took ages to get onto plane were as this one does it in no time at all. As far as overshooting the speed the arrow is always between the green broken lines which is where I was told it should be and I don't push the throttle lever to flat out? One susgestion I was given was to try the same setting using RPM as opposed to SPEED and see if this made a difference. Also the problem occurred whilst using a pre-set I didn't try it as a stand alone thing, could it be the programme is corrupt as when I was at low speed for surfing it was also a pre-set and worked fine?

You should push the throttle enogh to get on plane but then need to retract some to not overshoot...in other words, if your set speed is at 11, you need to learn to feather the throttle back anticipating the grab at 10ish. "you" should never drive the boat all the way to 11...know what I mean?

Sorry if I've sent this twice trying to work off my phone at the moment Yes I do know what u mean about the feathering of the throttle and not letting the boat go all the way up to speed before pulling back a little I will try this next time out and will let u know how it goes thanks. No I haven't changed the paddle wheel and the boat is set on kph as the default. I'm not sure what u mean by the high tune?