Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bow sack in 02 wakesetter 23 lsv

Dewilson

Trying to get the perfect surf wake . I removed factory hard tank and installed wakemaker 750 tank buster in rear locker on port side. Was thinking about adding a bow sac. But would like to install under bow seats. Can anyone tell me if this is possible or will it have to go on top of seats. Also if I did add bow sac will I need to add more weight to port side seats. Currently using 750 in rear locker , factory sac in ski locker and wedge all the way down. Wake is pretty steep but not very long.

Yes it does. I just brought boat home from the lake to winterize. The only way I see to do it would be to cut the cooler out . Even then I dont know if it is still do able.

our '03 does as well, but I'd take them out in a heartbeat to install a permanent bow sack... or hold out for the Martin Archer surfgate kit :biggrin:

Edited by Hammertime

I was running wedge down, 500lb sac in left rear full, ski locker sac full and 500lb sac on left side seats or 4/5 people sitting on left side. Wake was pretty nice, adding people to the bow seats would lengthen the wake too. Also I didnt realize those were coolers under bow seats. Learn something new everyday!

I agree with Levi ... Bow weight is critical.

With my 07 lsv247 ... My best surf wake is obtained with full stock ballast (1400: 200 L/R rear, 600 mid, 400 bow) plus I add a 750 in the rear locker, another 750 on the seat, 400 under the seat and 400 in the bow.

So it essentially works out to 1800 squared up (800 of which is in the bow) and an additional 1900 on which ever side we are surfing on.

The use of the bow hard tank and then adding the extra 400 sac was critical to getting a longer surf wake for me. Even now, my surf wake is only 6-7 feet long. I have tons of push but my sweet spot is pretty short. Without the bow weight I had a couple of feet of sweet spot.

For me I run the wedge at max (gauge) ... Some of my friends we run it at min (all the way down) ... This creates a more mellow wake ... They don't nose dive as often.

• 2 weeks later...